Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Appearance/Modifications Discussions (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/)
-   -   rear fender protectors (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/rear-fender-protectors-23239/)

DANSHHR 04-25-2009 11:18 PM

rear fender protectors

on the hhr's w/o running boards, there is that gruesome plate on the front of the rear fenders....how can i take that off??? btw you guys are awesome answering all my stupid questions:bow:

IgottaWoody 04-26-2009 01:09 AM

Its like Mylar,,, just a sheet of flexible plastic with adhesive on the back...peels off....though I wouldn't if you don't like rock chips....

DANSHHR 04-26-2009 05:36 PM

im gonna put that invishield where it used to be

catdaddy137 04-26-2009 06:18 PM

mud flaps

how about some gruesome mud flaps/guards on the front, to keep the road debris off the rear fender... i got oem guards and running boards , so i don't really know , except for what i have read from others... but i think hhrs look great without the running boards.

DANSHHR 04-26-2009 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by catdaddy137 (Post 378851)
how about some gruesome mud flaps/guards on the front, to keep the road debris off the rear fender... i got oem guards and running boards , so i don't really know , except for what i have read from others... but i think hhrs look great without the running boards.

i bought the oem front flaps after asking the dealer to paint it over, they basically laughed in my face, so i put them on and no difference whatsoever. another problem is that when car got sideswiped my rocker panels got replace with a one piece panel instead of the 3 piece so that could be a pita.:roll:

Deadskunk 06-14-2009 07:25 PM

Dan, Sorry just another question. Have you had trouble with that plastic stick on panel at the bottom of the rear fender becoming stained or scuffed somehow, so that no matter how much you wash it, if you have a dark color car (black in my case) it shows up as white or cloudy? The dealer tried to tell me it was chipped, etc., because I let it get hit by rocks, but it's not. Thanx for any ideas anyone has on this.
Bob

jpmcnam58 06-15-2009 08:33 AM

I'm just getting those pieces fixed on mine under warranty. The dealer just ordered me the new stick-on pieces and also the little pieces of the rocker panel that takes most of the abuse. If you're still under warranty, there is a technical service bulletin that addresses this...though it sounds as if you just want to get rid of those protective pieces.

canadain outlaw 06-15-2009 09:20 AM

I use paint protection film,, from 3m...you can get at napa,,,84904

garagebuilt 06-16-2009 07:40 AM

so the 3m film works just as good? im about to paint my hhr and i was wondering if i should paint over these or take them off.

HHR_style 06-16-2009 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by garagebuilt (Post 390241)
so the 3m film works just as good? im about to paint my hhr and i was wondering if i should paint over these or take them off.

You'd never want to paint over them. Remove, paint, apply new ones.