Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

rear turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 01:14 PM

rear turn signals

my wife is military and we are getting stationed in england. shipping the car tomorrow so i know this is kinda the wrong time. but im trying to install some small led lights in the rear because in europe the rear turn signals have to be amber. we tried ordering a kit online they said they had amber, after them sending us 2 different sets that were not amber they told us they didnt have amber. so...i just found out after cutting the wire for the turn signal is also the wire for the break light. didnt check that before i cut it. so im trying to figure out how to wire in these led lights for a turn signal, while eleminating the turn signal from the factory bulb, (cant have red turn signals in the rear)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by psychowpns
my wife is military and we are getting stationed in england. shipping the car tomorrow so i know this is kinda the wrong time. but im trying to install some small led lights in the rear because in europe the rear turn signals have to be amber. we tried ordering a kit online they said they had amber, after them sending us 2 different sets that were not amber they told us they didnt have amber. so...i just found out after cutting the wire for the turn signal is also the wire for the break light. didnt check that before i cut it. so im trying to figure out how to wire in these led lights for a turn signal, while eleminating the turn signal from the factory bulb, (cant have red turn signals in the rear)
Switch the running lights and the brake lights? Just put an amber bulb in the socket? I Think the wires you are talking about are the grounds.

I am sure that somebody in Europe can deal with it. There are companies that do nothing but import cars.

Check your PM for some possible help, no guarantee.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Deceased

Had to think a bit but then I remembered we have a member who is stationed in England with his HHR.

Give this thread a read, and maybe send Yonash a PM for some extra tips on getting yours registered with the DVLA.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/picture-media-11/mods-europe-38439/
Old 10-10-2013, 07:24 PM

thanx i think my wife had messaged him and he said he still had to get them to wire in the turn signals at least the rear i think. thanks for the pm btw, i am a technician at the gmc dealership here, well was i quit for the move of course, but i still can go in, i checked the wiring diagram. i was hoping that i could just cut the turn signal wire but the brake light is also run on the same wire. then i looked to see if the brake and the 3rd brake light run off different fuses like some vehicles, but no a fuse for the 3rd brake light and the turn signal and brake lights are run the bcm. so i tried anyways lol. the car is shipping out tomorrow so i wont be able to mess with it. we think we are just going to have to fork out the 450 bucks to get them to do it. sucks but oh well i guess
Old 10-10-2013, 08:29 PM

You could try a trailer converter for Amber turn signals to the clear back up lamps and use amber bulbs. You would have to install back up lamps somewhere else. I have never tried this but it may be cheaper was to get amber turn lamps yet keep the red brake lamps.