Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Audio and Video (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/)
-   -   Best Place to wire in rca for subs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/best-place-wire-rca-subs-6281/)

johnbrum 01-09-2007 01:53 PM

Best Place to wire in rca for subs

from looking at the plug diagram there seems to be a dedicated wires for the sub that is stock, I have the pioneer system in my car and i looking at adding 2 12's to that, i just go the car about 2 months ago so i haven't wanted to dig into it without some research first. So how is everyone connecting (where) the rca's on the stock radio system? And the trigger line? Thanks for the input and any pics would be great!

captain howdy 01-09-2007 03:09 PM

I don't believe anyone has wired RCA's into the stock wiring. :confused: I wired an RCA line output converter to the stock wiring and then ran the RCA's to my sub amp. The trigger line? :confused: The signal on was pink if that's what you mean. If you want 2 12"s you better be prepaired to run a seperate sub amp just like everybody else. ;)

-md- HHR 01-09-2007 03:18 PM

CH where did your wire your converter in at?

johnbrum 01-09-2007 03:48 PM

of course i am just wondering where the best place it IE where the existing amp is and if i can just get in there to the (existing Sub) wiring because i would assume that the Eq for that sub is there. Which means there should be a remote turn on there. I would prefer not to have to run wires from the HUD to the rear of trunk. I saw a wire diagram with all the colors but where are all the plugs that are described? the trigger line is 12v turn on. what type of line converter did you use.

captain howdy 01-09-2007 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by -md- HHR (Post 112026)
CH where did your wire your converter in at?

I ran it off the sub wiring which on mine was red and black but I think Chevy changed some of the stereo wire colors mid-year.

captain howdy 01-09-2007 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by johnbrum (Post 112031)
of course i am just wondering where the best place it IE where the existing amp is and if i can just get in there to the (existing Sub) wiring because i would assume that the Eq for that sub is there. Which means there should be a remote turn on there. I would prefer not to have to run wires from the HUD to the rear of trunk. I saw a wire diagram with all the colors but where are all the plugs that are described? the trigger line is 12v turn on. what type of line converter did you use.

There is no EQ for the sub. It is a basic stock amp so there are no knobs or dials just slots for the harness . It is nothing like an aftermarket amp. Like I stated before the remote turn on was pink on mine but it may be different on your HHR based on production date. You can use the search to find the wire diagrams and pin outs somewhere on this site. I used a Scoche converter but I don't remeber the model number or anything like that.

johnbrum 01-09-2007 06:14 PM

is the amp located in the back by the existing sub?

captain howdy 01-09-2007 06:19 PM

It's attached to the box. Let me find a pic.

captain howdy 01-09-2007 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 42545

johnbrum 01-10-2007 10:34 AM

thanks alot that was exactley what i needed thanks alot for the reply will have my stuff installed soon then.