Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

JL Audio System Going in- Thank you Jaydogg

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Deceased

JL Audio System Going in- Thank you Jaydogg

the reason i was worried about the pillar coming off w/o side curtain air bags going off is I am going to replace the tweeter w the JL XR650-CSi 6.5's i have bought.

i bought 2 sets on Ebay and got some great prices.
i also bought one 12 in JL 12w3v2 D4
i am powering all of these w 3 JL AUDIO 300/2 2 Channel Amps. JayDogg
has been great in advising me on all of this and even made a wiring diagram in paint and emailed it to me

my hats off to Jaydogg for all the help,,,, i have benn told by several that this will be a very very clear and very very good system

the cool part is i am getting it cheaper then the original Kicker stuff i was looking at and feel i am getting better equipment. all of this will go in this weekend and during the week next week in time for my trip to Florida to PDR school on the 13th.

Speakers will all be in by Friday and then amps in by next wed.

i got all for 1174.26 new w delivery included and the Kicker was a lil over $1400 local but i could have gotten it cheaper too. this should have been around 1500 to 1800 for the JL even at discount prices so i feel good.

i was thnking about mounting all 3 amps on a small piece of thin plywood in the back well so they cant move around and then buying a small fan from radio shack and mount it on the wood as well to help cool off the amps.

i can not wait to hear this system.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Banned

Buying off ebay is kind of scary because a lot of the people selling on there aren't authorized dealers of the products they are selling thus negating the factory warranty. If the products fail the person or business may have their own return policies but you have no coverage from the manufacturer. That being said I can't wait to see your system CJ.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 PM

CJ, you normally do, take pix. And if you can...a write up. I plan on purchasing my audio/video equipment, as my finances allow, and will be installing everything by the end of the year. I also plan on buying some gear via ebay, but I'm going with Infinity audio equipment and a Alpine head unit.

I've been debating where to put the amps and I would like a ten inch sub. I would like to do all this with minimal losses to my stock storage room. I'm thinking about a custom made sub enclosure. This is all in the planning stages. Hopefully I can get some ideas from your setup, when it's completed.

Ng
Old 04-26-2006, 10:42 PM

Before you buy that Alpine head, you should take a listen to my Pioneer system.

Guaranteed to turn your head.

I have under $600 in my system too. (*retail is much higher, of course.)
Old 04-26-2006, 10:45 PM

No offense, but I've owned Pioneer in the past and I'm going with Alpine . Pioneer doesn't even come close. There isn't even a need to debate, I've already made up my mind.

Ng
Old 04-26-2006, 10:49 PM

To each his/her own. I'm a mastering engineer, own a recording studio, and am very particular about music.
I'm surprised that since you live so close to me you wont' even have a listen.

Oh well, you dont' know what you're missing - Alpine has nothing even close to this setup.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Deceased

the whole thing will be stock and in the same places cept the sub will have the grill outside but in the same spot. the amps will be in the storage area in the back. i am hoping the grille that comes with it will let the storage floor clear it.

the crossovers may be in the same place or under the back seat. i have to see how much room is there too. the amps might fit too under the back seat..
will see

i will take pics for you guys.

i am stoked about the system.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
To each his/her own. I'm a mastering engineer, own a recording studio, and am very particular about music.

Oh well, you dont' know what you're missing - Alpine has nothing even close to this setup.
Pioneer doesn't offer anything I like...Alpine has more options when it comes to head units.

Ng
Old 04-27-2006, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Come on, you were in the Marines, you know once we make up our minds there's little anyone can do to change it

Ng
Old 04-27-2006, 09:59 AM

Yep. OoohhhhRAH!

Quick Reply: JL Audio System Going in- Thank you Jaydogg