Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

onstar control module where and how

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 AM

Yes I have read the fine print.
That is ONE reason why after 1 year it might be a good idea to disconeect the module.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by stealthman
Yes I have read the fine print.
That is ONE reason why after 1 year it might be a good idea to disconeect the module.
Hey Stealthman... Any chance that I could purchase your OnStar module (and XM if you have it)?

I just bought mine used and it looks like the rental placed stripped mine of the module.

Also, any idea on how to pull of that rear passenger side plastic panel? I took out the two plastic clips after removing the cargo shelf and spare tire cover, but I couldn't get any further than that.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM

Just a FYI, I called my dealer and he found out some info on my vehicle. Looks like it never had the OnStar/Bluetooth module with it and there is no GM "kit" to install it. My only option would be to find the parts/wires from someone else's equipped HHR (parts cars, etc.) and install it myself. Even then, it may require some programming, drilling, and other things that I probably don't want to do.

Bottom line: OnStar is out for me, and so (seemingly) is the Bluetooth and XM OEM features. Aftermarket it is!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:36 AM

I know of one HHR that was found a few weeks ago using ONSTAR after it was stolen from the owners house a few hours before.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Founding Member

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DETROIT (AP) — Police in California say General Motors’ OnStar communications system stopped a dangerous high-speed chase and helped them capture a carjacking suspect by disabling a stolen sport utility vehicle.

OnStar officials say the incident early Sunday in Visalia was the first time the system was used to halt a chase.

Police say it all began about 3 a.m. when a 21-year-old man used a sawed-off shotgun to take a Chevrolet Tahoe from two men in a parking lot.

Police contacted OnStar, which found the Tahoe by using a global positioning system. Two officers spotted the SUV but the driver sped off. That’s when OnStar operators sent a signal that slowed the Tahoe to a halt.

The surprised thief ran off but was quickly captured when he fell into a backyard swimming pool.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:57 PM

Onstar...it's a good and a bad...depending on which shoulder you're lookin' over.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by stranger
Onstar...it's a good and a bad...depending on which shoulder you're lookin' over.
This.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:01 PM

This isn't right:

Beck’s OnStar Concerns Were Right — Tracking Continues Even After Cancellation

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/onst...-cancellation/

I don't like the way these people operate. They sent me an email telling me that they were going to automatically bill my CC in time for renewal. I told them not to. They told me to call them on the system if I wanted to cancel. I told them to stuff their call, I just gave them all the info they required by email to cancel. I also told them billing my CC wasn't going to work because it had expired.

They finally saw the light.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:07 PM

It's a sign of the times that we live in...this is why I'm pulling the power
to mine.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:25 PM

They passed a law in california stating the FBI could not listen in on conversations of the drug thugs in an onstar car without a warrant. Meaning big brother can listen in to anything in an onstar car or truck. Scared me and I quit picking my nose in the HHR.

Quick Reply: onstar control module where and how