Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Audio and Video (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/)
-   -   speakers in back hatch cover (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/speakers-back-hatch-cover-28663/)

HHRthunder13 03-18-2010 07:38 PM

speakers in back hatch cover

3 Attachment(s)
I did some work today when i came home. Put two kicker speakers in the back panel that covers the hatch. I also did some fatmat work for my subs. Let me know what you think!

Attachment 31316
Attachment 31317
Attachment 31318

will update pics when finished.

Father Azmodius 03-18-2010 09:03 PM

I've thought about putting something back there, but I have to finish a couple other projects before I start on the sounds.

THE BATMAN 03-18-2010 09:09 PM

:lol: Every time i look back there , I think thats a great place for some speakers. :thumb:

JJ's BLACK SS 03-18-2010 09:44 PM

lookin good

IgottaWoody 03-19-2010 09:58 PM

Looks aside....they are secondary anyways..how does it sound? Thought they be a bit too direct for placement and try to overpower the fronts.....

THE BATMAN 03-19-2010 10:13 PM

In my SS with the 7 speaker pioneer, The fronts drown out the rears bigtime . The fade is set to almost halfway into the rear on the dial , Just to hear the rear speakers .
I can't wait to add some x-tra rear sound. :cool:

ufvj217 03-19-2010 11:59 PM

great idea. i like it.

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN (Post 451482)
In my SS with the 7 speaker pioneer, The fronts drown out the rears bigtime . The fade is set to almost halfway into the rear on the dial , Just to hear the rear speakers .
I can't wait to add some x-tra rear sound. :cool:

in a true sound quality setup, you dont run rear speakers. now i dont understand how it sounds better, i love hearing the rear speakers behind me blended in with the fronts, but alot of the SQ guys on the audio forums i post on hate rear fill. i hate not having rear fill:lol:

mongo 03-20-2010 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ufvj217 (Post 451517)
great idea. i like it.

in a true sound quality setup, you dont run rear speakers. now i dont understand how it sounds better, i love hearing the rear speakers behind me blended in with the fronts, but alot of the SQ guys on the audio forums i post on hate rear fill. i hate not having rear fill:lol:

On any forum you will have those snobs that will tell you that your <whatever> is inferior.

My attitude is - it's your car, if you like it, it's all good!

ufvj217 03-20-2010 04:46 PM

im the same way!

IgottaWoody 03-21-2010 12:53 AM

I find that the rears because they are pointing sideways and close to the floor work better as a mid bass then as a ful range speaker...since deadening the rear doors the bass has been enhance alot!.. I don't really 'hear' the rear speakers otherwise.....as far as in the rear hatch, this are pointed directly at the back of your head, not like the rear door speakers that are down low so it will try to mess up the front stage....staging is supposed to be correct to experience it right...but thats opinion...some people like to be "ON" the stage when they listen, others like to be in "FRONT" of the stage.. this is where rear fill speakers come in..its all up to the listener....Ive had both and prefer to sit in front of the music instead of inside it........rear fill tends to cancel the seperate locations of the instruments played somewhat....its cleaner