Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Audio and Video (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/)
-   -   stubby antenna (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/stubby-antenna-1355/)

pjtaxi 03-31-2006 06:07 PM

stubby antenna

Does the stubby antenna get as good of reception as the stock one? I know it sure looks better

captain howdy 03-31-2006 07:02 PM

IMO the stock one gets a little better reception but it's not worth it to keep it. ;) Get a stubby and get rid of the RC car antenna. :beer:

deadhead 03-31-2006 07:05 PM

I do not listen to regular radio much,but I recieved mine yesterday and tried a few local stations and had no reception problems. It looks so much better, highly recommended :thumb: :beer:

dbarberaz 03-31-2006 08:50 PM

I have mine for about 3 days now. The only place I notice any thing is going thru a small tunnel. Other than that the stubby works just as good, and looks 100% better.

Everyone that has seen mine wants to get one for thier car. :beer:

JT's HHR 03-31-2006 09:20 PM

I've had mine for almost 3 months. reception is fine and it doesn't hit the sunroof at high speeds :roll:

crowbar 03-31-2006 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
IMO the stock one gets a little better reception but it's not worth it to keep it. ;) Get a stubby and get rid of the RC car antenna. :beer:

what he said

adamlowery 03-31-2006 09:52 PM

The only thing I noticed is one of my stations that barely came in (real staticy) doesnt come in anymore. It was a spanish country station. :). So I just downloaded 1gb worth of spanish country and fixed that problem. But any station that didnt have any static before wont have any static afterwards. Atleast thats my experience

FRITZ45 04-02-2006 05:51 PM

:p: I installed one and found that my wife's favorite talk show station in Akron could hardly come in clearly, so we went back to the original antenna. I really liked the look of the stubby antenna and there is no noticeable difference on strong stations. In fringe areas, the stubby antenna doesn't bring in the reception as well as the original. I guess the Chevy engineers know best!

Fritz45

tgg1304 03-15-2010 05:52 PM

where is a good place to order one of these and do they just screw on or is there more assembly required?

Sno White 03-15-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by pjtaxi (Post 24210)
Does the stubby antenna get as good of reception as the stock one? I know it sure looks better

Of course it won't get as good of reception. That stubby thing is too short to absorb the radiation.

However, as others have pointed out, it may not matter if you live and travel in a large metropolitan area. If you live in an area of Washington State that is rural or mountainous or travel between areas of good reception to bad, the bad reception will occur sooner in your trip. It just depends upon how strong the signal from the radio station is in the location you may be currently at.

By the way the AM/FM HHR antenna is amplified.