Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Audio and Video (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/)
-   -   upgrading low stock radio from 06 to mid stock (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/upgrading-low-stock-radio-06-mid-stock-7542/)

HHR PNOY 04-05-2007 07:08 PM

upgrading low stock radio from 06 to mid stock

I just recently sold a my mid stock radio on ebay (came from an 06) and I received an email from the buyer saying it does not work. I know for a fact the radio works so I have a couple of questions to you guys.

Did anyone here upgrade from a low end stock player to a mid single cd/mp3 player on their 06? I want to know if the car needs to be reprogrammed by a dealership to accept the mid/high end stock radio when replacing the low end one.

TIA

calgaryhhr 04-05-2007 07:17 PM

I've read somewhere, in a previous post, that there is a lock on the radio's and it might have to be reprogrammed/unlocked. Someone here should know for sure but this does sound familiar.

GDZHHR 04-05-2007 07:18 PM

It MUST be flashed by the dealer, otherwise it will not work. This can cost up to $90 depending on the dealer.

HHR PNOY 04-05-2007 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR (Post 135954)
It MUST be flashed by the dealer, otherwise it will not work. This can cost up to $90 depending on the dealer.

I figure that from old posts. The buyer is telling me that he already took the radio to the dealer and he claimed that the dealer said the radio doesnt work. Somehow that reason doesnt fly with me.

GDZHHR 04-05-2007 08:12 PM

Maybe his dealers' rep is an idiot?

HHR PNOY 04-05-2007 08:29 PM

that could be it too...

dbarberaz 04-05-2007 08:56 PM

I know I was only asking for the fun and someone at the body shop, at my dealership said it would have to be reflashed. His computer is set up for the radio he took out.
Only other thing is if something happend during shipping. I would think if that took place he would have said that,

HHR PNOY 04-06-2007 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz (Post 136023)
I know I was only asking for the fun and someone at the body shop, at my dealership said it would have to be reflashed. His computer is set up for the radio he took out.
Only other thing is if something happend during shipping. I would think if that took place he would have said that,

exactly what I'm thinking. If it was damaged during shipping he would not have accepted the package or mentioned that the package was damaged in some way. I had that radio wrapped up in bubble wrap and shipped out in a box used to ship out a cgs intake. I doubt if there was damage during shipping.

Snoopy 04-06-2007 12:36 AM

Only have 2 explanations, IMO.....

1.. I agree with GDZHHR, and need not write it.:thumb: :thumb:

2... The buyer changed his mind !!!

HHR PNOY 04-06-2007 09:39 AM

ebay sale is AS IS and NO REFUND. I guess he'll have to try and sell that radio on ebay again...