Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

08 HHR SS Front Stabilizer bar.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jacob Daniel Adkins
When I called the dealership and talked to them they said that my car has the performance turning front end.. and the one I would need is discontinued..

I need to replace it seeing as it is bent.. Minor accident has caused tyhe passenger side to bend the control arm, strut and sway bar..

Using other threads in this forums I have found a couple sites that list they have the part I need..
https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c.../25847759.html
However when I go to sites that let me us my VIn as a vechical serach up its not to be found...

Last eight - 85676357

Thank you, firemangeorged wiill check it out.,
Here are the google results, there's one on eBay, wholesalegmpartsonline seems to have them. You were looking at the cobalt part, may fit, may not. https://www.google.com/search?q=2584...w=1192&bih=617

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
SS front sway bar diameter is 23mm
LS, LT front bar diameter is 25mm (yes, some very early ones had a 23mm bar)

A disclaimer here because I'm not 100% about the below thoughts.
I would think you could put the more common 25mm bar on a SS. The physical shape should be the same with both size bars. It would just need the correct 25mm bushings and brackets.
I doubt you would even notice any handling differences on a daily driver SS with the 25mm bar.

Just my thoughts. Trying to help out the OP on getting a replacement.
The bar from the LS/LT HHRs may have a different shape. I remember reading some speculation that there was a bend to go around the turbo.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:11 PM

I've tried to buy a front sway bar from two different that said they had it and required me to send my VIN to make sure the part would fit.. I gopt back both times...

The status of your order has changed and we wanted to keep you up to date.

Discontinued/Unavailable Part:

Our apologies but according to our database, the part or parts you ordered are discontinued or have no inventory at this time. We have now canceled your order and voided out your payment.

Refund/Void: RELEASE OF FUNDS

If you placed or attempted to place an order with us, what you are seeing on your bank account is an authorization or a "pending charge". This is a common bank practice handling credit card transactions to ensure sufficient funds and account authenticity.

If your order was declined, denied, or canceled this authorization will clear on its own (depending on your bank, typically between 1-10 business days). If your order is successful, the authorization will turn into a charge once your order ships.

If your pending hold has not released after 10 days, your bank or lender can request a letter of release of funds. Send to: cedelen@bobhook.net

Thank you
Most performance sites I seem to find wont let you choose sub-model... Then I get told well we supply all the mounting hardware you will need to mount it cause ours is 'thiner-thicker' IF thats the case could I not just buy ab LS bar and mounting hardware?>
Old 11-09-2017, 01:15 PM

Just found this --- Worried it might not be offical.. : --
Amazon Amazon
--
Old 11-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Technical Moderator

Go ahead, if you are just ignoring post #3-#10. Why not just look for the correct part number?
Old 11-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Correct p/n

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c.../25844966.html