Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brakes-%7C-suspension-%7C-shocks-%7C-struts-24/)
-   -   Anybody noticed the bolt size change on the TTR Rear Sway Bar (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brakes-%7C-suspension-%7C-shocks-%7C-struts-24/anybody-noticed-bolt-size-change-ttr-rear-sway-bar-59673/)

Silverfox 12-05-2017 12:27 PM

Anybody noticed the bolt size change on the TTR Rear Sway Bar

I Just installed my New bar today. I found that the instructions show you need a 15mm socket to tighten the 4 bolts.

My bolts were 17mm.

Have they made a change it the bolt size recently ??

Other then that, the install went just fine.
I did jack both rear sides up about 3 inches so I could get under the HHR and do the job.

FWIW .. I might Mention that instead of using Tie Straps to position the bar for install, I just used the shipping box and sat the bar on it then slid the whole thing under the rear.
That raised the bar just enough to do the install.
I then applied Blue Loc tite on all 4 bolts and torgued to 45 lbs.
I am letting the HHR sit in place for a day or 2 and then will test drive it.

A high quality product for sure.....

Silverfox

Cat Man HHR 12-05-2017 01:01 PM

Don't need to let it sit. Loc Tite is an epoxy and will harden as you tighten it due to friction. Using brake clean on the threads of the bolts and plates should be used before assembly. When I installed mine I just used anti seize and tightened them down, 2 years later, no problems.

Oldblue 12-05-2017 01:09 PM

Mine are 17 mm head bolts, many miles and almost 7 years later no problem.

TurboTechRacing 12-06-2017 07:46 PM

Way back in the day we used 15mm Head flanged bolts. We switched to 17 mm head bolts with washers. We noticed our instructions need this update. :)

Bolts and flanged bolted are and always have had a 10x1.5mm thread, just head size changed.

Oldblue 12-07-2017 06:42 AM

So same torque value. Thanks Aaron.

aradmahogany 12-07-2017 08:08 AM

I'm a young gun so i just held that sucker up with one hand while tightening the bolts with the other. They have remained tight since the day I installed them, which was well over a year ago. Great product

sleeper 04-05-2018 10:11 PM

Old thread, but just found it. I think mine were 15mm flanged.

My TTR rear bar has been on since '09 I believe, I used Loc-tite on my bolts & they have never loosened.
But I do check them when I do my yearly rear brake adjustment check. :twothumbs:

Excellent product, Thanks Aaron @ TTR.

TurboTechRacing 04-06-2018 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper (Post 841579)
Old thread, but just found it. I think mine were 15mm flanged.

My TTR rear bar has been on since '09 I believe, I used Loc-tite on my bolts & they have never loosened.
But I do check them when I do my yearly rear brake adjustment check. :twothumbs:

Excellent product, Thanks Aron @ TTR.

Thanks!