Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Freshened things up a little

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 06:43 PM

Freshened things up a little

Installed new Monroe OESpectrum Loaded struts and shocks along with NAPA control arms and sway bar links (all serviceable) on Saturday and had everything aligned back up by Belle Tire a few hours later.

A few notes, anti seize should be applied to the barrel, not the threads, of the bolt that goes up into the body thru the control arm and cradle. This will prevent you from having the problem I did of having burn all the rubber out of one bushing and then get the sleeve glowing before getting the bolt out and finally removing the control arm.

Populated control arms are great and if you spend a little more, you can get the NAPA arms with greasable ball joints.

Rear shocks are best saved for last because they are so easy, but leave a jack under the axle and don’t pop both off at the same time. Remove and replace one side, then move to the other. You don’t want the axle to rotate enough that your chasing springs around the shop/garage floor (this didn’t happen to me, but could’ve if I hadn’t paid attention).

Ive driven almost 1,000 miles since I completed on Saturday afternoon and the car drives awesomely! I searched for a month and a half finding the best prices on all the parts needed and knocked it all out in four hours. Would’ve been less if we didn’t spend an hour trying to get a bolt out and control arm off the car, LOL! This car is used for family but puts most of its time on the road as a Uber and Lyft car. The economy has been great and the next things to work on are the V2 injectors and ECM OS, then EFI Live tuning to get some more mileage per tank and maybe pep things up a little.