Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Upgraded Suspension Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 10:10 AM

Upgraded Suspension Parts

Hello.... I'm new to your forum... thanks for adding me.
I have a 08 Panel LT that was in really good shape when I purchased it.... but Michigan Roads (worst in the country) weather & age have taken a toll on the whole vehicle and I need to start with refurbishing the entire suspension.
I searched & read through quite a few threads... but did not see one where everyone was in agreement with who components to buy... what up grades are available... kind of surprised there was not a sticky on the subject
I need shocks & struts, lower control arms and already looked to see what was available locally/amazon
I saw a few off shore uni struts, Monroe, there always delco.... Moog seems to always be a upgrade for the control arms/bushings
I see TurboTech is a sponsor making up a rear sway bar that I will have to order up and give it a try.....

Any preferred brand of Strut over another?
Front Sway Bar?
Bushing for the front Sway bar?
Lower Control Arms?
Shocks?
Swap components from another year or model?
Whats the HHR community's opinion....
Thanks
Old 04-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Technical Moderator

If you want complete struts avoid the off shore type, they are "collision" parts (crap).

As to favorite brands; they are like belly buttons.

Almost all of the replacement parts are "Chinese" these days, even Moog.

LS/LT are pretty much the same and not really interchangeable with SS. Some have done it.

Not really any "upgraded" parts just more expensive parts. If paying more makes you happier, go for it. The Moog Problem Solver LCA bushing is an exception.

Check out the part number thread https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/comm...rt-numbers-68/
Old 04-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site Dell.

edit: not sure where you can find parts for a zumba. You may have to wait about 200 years.

Last edited by firemangeorge; 04-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.