Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

Which Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 11:16 AM

Which Springs?

Hello! Newbie here with a newbie post. Please be gentle!

New owner of a new/used 2008. Took possession yesterday. Used because it was a tradein with only 305 miles on it!

At any rate, I want to add a lowering kit and am looking at several and am a bit confused. I'm leaning toward the Goldline, but have also seen another here in the botique as well as Ebay. Also, do I need to add the alligment kit that is in the store as well.

BTW, i'm in the San Gabriel Valley and if someone just LOVES to install these things, Let me know!

Mark
Old 07-20-2008, 11:28 AM

Welcome Mark

Originally Posted by marksand
Hello! Newbie here with a newbie post. Please be gentle!

New owner of a new/used 2008. Took possession yesterday. Used because it was a tradein with only 305 miles on it!

At any rate, I want to add a lowering kit and am looking at several and am a bit confused. I'm leaning toward the Goldline, but have also seen another here in the botique as well as Ebay. Also, do I need to add the alligment kit that is in the store as well.

BTW, i'm in the San Gabriel Valley and if someone just LOVES to install these things, Let me know!

Mark

Socal HHR's are all over. Last night we met up, had dinner and went to the drive in in Montclair. This morning we are meeting up at Cisco's in Long Beach. Point being, we get together a lot and do mods. Full lowering will require special tools and is fairly involved. Myself and a few others have elected to do the rears and level the car. That is pretty straightforward and takes about an hour with reg hand tools.

Check in often and please join us.

Don
Old 07-20-2008, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the comeback and advice! While you all were at Montclair, I was at the dealership taking delivery. Actually, we were only 15 minutes away.

Would have loved to met up with you all at Cisco's; saw that on the site yesterday. Couldn't make it, as I'm the Pastor of a church, and my congregation expected me to be there! :)

Didn't really expect others to do the wrenching for me; Just joking. I'm own a 78 CJ5 and a 2001 Kawasaki Concours; so have a few skinned knuckles.

This looks like a GREAT site; appreciated being included.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by marksand
Would have loved to met up with you all at Cisco's; saw that on the site yesterday. Couldn't make it, as I'm the Pastor of a church, and my congregation expected me to be there! :)
Wow, another Pastor in Socal HHRs!

That would make 3 so far, Is this a sign SoCal'rs?
Old 07-20-2008, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
Wow, another Pastor in Socal HHRs!

That would make 3 so far, Is this a sign SoCal'rs?
Wait--I only know of one other, who else?!
Only sign here is the the sign of the Apocalypse!

Regardless--welcome to the HHR familia!

@ngelita
Old 07-20-2008, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
Wait--I only know of one other, who else?!
Only sign here is the the sign of the Apocalypse!

Regardless--welcome to the HHR familia!

@ngelita
SoCal Pastor list:
1. Jason (jkwills)
2. Larry (surferpanel)
3. Mikesand (if he chooses to join our crew)
Old 07-20-2008, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
SoCal Pastor list:
1. Jason (jkwills)
2. Larry (surferpanel)
3. Mikesand (if he chooses to join our crew)
Duh!
Forgot about Larry and the SOM surferpanel!

@
Old 07-22-2008, 12:27 AM

I didn't know that Larry with the SOM surferpanel was a pastor also, I only saw him that one time at the donut shop, is he still around?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:09 AM

I have the Eibach 1.6/1.0 kit installed w/o alignment parts however, I had my guy at Firestone give it the once over. As long as your wheel/tire height doesn't change dramatically, you can install the Eibach w/o doing an alignment.

Name:  hhr 3.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  38.7 KB

The Goldline are a different story because the drop is more agressive thus affecting camber and alignment no matter the wheel/tire height.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I picked up a set of Goldlines from www.truckshop.com (He's local to me), dropped the HHR off at my mechanic on the way to work, and had it back by 11am this AM! I'm VERY happy with the modification! I'll takes some pics and get them posted soon.

Quick Reply: Which Springs?