Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, and Ontario

Warning to Canadians ordering from ZZP

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:26 PM

No offense A&P but you live in the states and the issue is the item leaving the states. Your expiriences have no similarity to the OP's situation.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by 07azhhr
No offense A&P but you live in the states and the issue is the item leaving the states. Your expiriences have no similarity to the OP's situation.
None taken.

But in the good ol USofA UPS is pretty darn Good, and so is ZZP. No need to bash on either because someone lives outside of the USA.

That's why I also asked> "Was the "Value" manipulated on the package to save you some Taxes? And Canada Customs is busting you or ZZP on it??

Such as "Zero Value Replacement Parts" Or?"

Sounds to me to be a Canadian Problem, Not a UPS or a ZZP problem unless someone at ZZP misrepresented the actual value to Customs (I'm NOT saying they did so.)

Sometimes a customer or a business will do such things and if caught, you pretty much don't have a right to b! tch about getting caught don't you agree?

Someone glancing over the thread may take it as a "oh I better not order from them" kinda thing.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Premium Member

you have read my posts wrong..i have only blamed UPS and Customs..not ZZP..as stated in my previous post, ZZP was more than willing to help out and deal with it, which they did and seems everything has been sorted since I just received the downpipe today..about time! :p
UPS may be good in the usa, but horrible when dealing with across the border transactions. I talked to the UPS driver and even he said to not use UPS in the future and how they make up "charges" for the consumer to pay for. There is currently an open case in the courts in the US about this situation and their random fees that they charge. Its all a money grab for them. He told me to stick with Fedex since they charge nothing when crossing borders. lol
So back to my OP, just a warning to Canadians to try and avoid UPS as much as you can, since they and Customs like to charge us through the wazoo!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
None taken.

But in the good ol USofA UPS is pretty darn Good, and so is ZZP. No need to bash on either because someone lives outside of the USA.

That's why I also asked> "Was the "Value" manipulated on the package to save you some Taxes? And Canada Customs is busting you or ZZP on it??

Such as "Zero Value Replacement Parts" Or?"

Sounds to me to be a Canadian Problem, Not a UPS or a ZZP problem unless someone at ZZP misrepresented the actual value to Customs (I'm NOT saying they did so.)

Sometimes a customer or a business will do such things and if caught, you pretty much don't have a right to b! tch about getting caught don't you agree?

Someone glancing over the thread may take it as a "oh I better not order from them" kinda thing.
Yes I agree if the parties were trying to be sneaky but I did not get that out of his posts
Old 04-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Administrator

I have been getting my shippments just fine , from UPS, USPS , Fedex and not had any issues with orders Summit, Eastwood, Coker tire, Jeggs, and other parts internet stores, just lucky I guess
Old 04-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Platinum Member

I'm lucky to be able to travel across the border to the USA, and pick up stuff directly. I would never deal with UPS myself - heard too many horror stories with trumped up variable fees etc.. We use FedEx all the way if needed.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 PM

Another b.s. trick is when a customs broker pays the duties on your behalf without your knowledge or consent, and then sends you a bill in the mail weeks later. I told them to screw off.
(That was from x-mas presents from England that were over valued on the declaration for insurance)