Inactive Classified Ads Where inactive Classified Ads are archived for reference, and possible reinstatement, if the OP still desires after the normal 60 day period of open activity ceases.

Stock hhr ss exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 01:55 PM

Stock hhr ss exhaust

Hello. I am looking for automatic transmission hhr ss stock catback exhaust. Let me know if you have one, and want to get rid of it while getting some money for it. Thanks
Old 04-04-2019, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ohiocruiser
Let me know if you have one, and want to get rid of it while getting some money for it. Thanks
Are you saying you want to get rid of money or ?
Old 04-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Administrator

No, he is asking if anybody has one , he will purchase it, before it ends up in the scrap metal yard or worse landfill.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
No, he is asking if anybody has one , he will purchase it, before it ends up in the scrap metal yard or worse landfill.
Thanks
Old 04-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Administrator

You’re welcome, I would normally simply delete the post because it’s not pertaining to the ad, just asking a question, I know . But I’ll leave it as a clarification

GLWS
Old 04-09-2019, 09:14 PM
Banned

I'm still dumb on why a 5spd down tube and muffler system would be shorter then a auto ???? back of the motor is still in the same place i have had both 5 spd and auto hhrs and the system is the same ???? i know i have pulled enough of them apart to know the trans and pass side drive shafts are diff, but have not run into the length of the down tube too tail pipe tip yes i get the part numbers are diffrent but so are the manifolds but they are they same ???????
Old 04-10-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by hellshotrod
I'm still dumb on why a 5spd down tube and muffler system would be shorter then a auto ???? back of the motor is still in the same place i have had both 5 spd and auto hhrs and the system is the same ???? i know i have pulled enough of them apart to know the trans and pass side drive shafts are diff, but have not run into the length of the down tube too tail pipe tip yes i get the part numbers are diffrent but so are the manifolds but they are they same ???????
I don't know why they have different part numbers. When I replaced the cat on my 5 speed, the one I ordered was for an auto since they were cheaper. Direct bolt on. Only difference I've seen is, the upstream O2 in the manifold or the pipe just below the flange.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by hellshotrod
I might be wrong but I believe engine with auto trans sits closer to radiator, instead of manual wich is closer to firewall. That what the difference comes from. There must be a reason for different part numbers.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member

The engines sit in the cradle differently, depending on auto or 5 speed. I did a side by side comparison with my 5 speed vs an auto trans SS.
The auto trans one had about 2 more inches of clearance between the back of the engine and the firewall.
Downpipe, motor mounts etc. are all different between the 2.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:03 AM
Technical Moderator

I don't know why they have different part numbers. When I replaced the cat on my 5 speed, the one I ordered was for an auto since they were cheaper. Direct bolt on. Only difference I've seen is, the upstream O2 in the manifold or the pipe just below the flange.
I think that is also the difference in the manifolds. Easily fixed with the correct size bolt that comes with many after market down pipes.

Everytime I say that the bung is the difference I see something that seems to say "no".