Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (Excluding Engine) (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/drivetrain-excluding-engine-57/)
-   -   Hard shift, traction control service on, no solenoid codes (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/drivetrain-excluding-engine-57/hard-shift-traction-control-service-no-solenoid-codes-57113/)

Arn2 06-13-2016 04:34 PM

Hard shift, traction control service on, no solenoid codes

Just started doing this the other day when my wife was driving it. Traction control is off, says service traction, shifts hard--most of the time but not always.

CEL codes are only O2 sensor, evap solenoid, and Low MAS. changed the air filter and cleaned the MAS runs same, shifts same. Would I have to reset and clear the codes to get it to make a difference?

Could something that doesn't set a code cause this?

Arn2 06-13-2016 04:35 PM

My apologies, 07, 2.4

Oldblue 06-13-2016 04:42 PM

Please get the codes reread and post them , sounds like maybe the VVT solenoids

Arn2 06-13-2016 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue (Post 805426)
Please get the codes reread and post them , sounds like maybe the VVT solenoids

Thanks. Do I need to reset before getting the codes reread?

Snoopy 06-13-2016 04:51 PM

No...and just post the numerical and letter codes.. Example, P0014 (note zero's not O's).

Arn2 06-13-2016 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy (Post 805429)
No...and just post the numerical and letter codes.. Example, P0014 (note zero's not O's).

Ok. Will do. But it will probably be Friday before I'll be able to get back to it.

I was hoping it was the intake or exhaust solenoid but it wasn't popping those codes.

donbrew 06-13-2016 06:07 PM

What about "CEL codes are only O2 sensor, evap solenoid," Where they supposed to be fixed by cleaning the MAF (not MAS I'm guessing)?

You might consider checking the fuses. You should make sure the MAF is plugged in correctly.

The VVT valves don't always set codes.

Arn2 06-13-2016 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 805439)
What about "CEL codes are only O2 sensor, evap solenoid," Where they supposed to be fixed by the new MAF (not MAS I'm guessing).

You might consider checking the fuses. You should make sure the MAF is plugged in correctly.

The VVT valves don't always set codes.

I didn't replace the air sensor. I cleaned it. It is plugged in properly and I cleaned the contacts also. Is there a possibility that the o2 sensor or evap are going to cause this issue? Otherwise I don't really want to spend time or money on them. I'm pretty sure they've been set for a while. But not much more than an annoyance on the taguchi loss function curve. The evap just makes it a little hard to crank after a fill up.

Arn2 06-13-2016 06:24 PM

Oh, BTW, went thru the related fuses and relays and hit them all with contact cleaner and reseated them.

I am interested that you say the vvt solenoids don't necessarily trip codes, because other threads I read said only replace them if the codes for them were set? If they don't always trip codes should I just replace them?

donbrew 06-13-2016 08:01 PM

Depending on the codes you actually have, yes they could cause the problem you are having.

Until you get them there really is no use talking about it.

There are a lot of O2 sensor codes and EVAP codes. And a lot of codes that may be misconstrued as one of those.