Drivetrain (Excluding Engine) Transmission, axles, clutches or other drive-line related discussion.

Transmission/ engine mount question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:19 PM

Transmission/ engine mount question

I was looking for some advice on installing rotated transmission mounts on my 2008 manual hhr ss. What's the benefit/ reason to add the rear (stage 2) transmission mount. I have the GMTU (so its pretty close to 300 hp) and I'm definately installing the front transmission mount, just wondering if I should go ahead and put the rear mount in too since the bolts are all being undone. There are some posts suggesting installing both mounts (if you are going over 300 hp) and some suggesting just installing the front mount (cars under 300 hp). Some posts advise installing the upper engine mount and others say not needed. The vendors I contacted tell me it's up to each customer, I just want input from people who have installed them and can tell the benefits/ drawbacks. Thanks for any responses.

Last edited by bpb355; 02-18-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:28 PM

i think the rear mount is related to using steering rack spacers, which reduce bump-steer issues on lowered suspension setups.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:36 AM

I had 2 combinations on my hhr. Wheel hop was aweful sometimes with stock mounts.

TTR engine mount and TTR poly trans bushings: Worked much better than stock and really minimized wheelhop. I often had hop even rolling on the throttle with stock mounts and this combo stopped that. Downside was the vibrations were very noticeable. I didn't think they were bad, but some may not like that.

Powell rotated mounts(stage2): No wheel hop. Experienced wheel hop once when it was cold and the roads were a little damp(same with TTR stuff), but never on warmer dry pavement. Upside was engine vibes are close to stock, downside is they are a little more $, but not much. Use the stock engine mount if you are using rotated mounts. They suggest fr/r if you're tracking the car. The bushings together will stop transmission movement which can lead to wheelhop and broken parts.

From my experience both are far better than stock.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:32 AM
geg

Hi guys/

posted a post, but no answers
I thought maybe I chose a desolate branch.
Here is the link, maybe someone can help.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l...34/#post750088