European Certificat of Conformity

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 12:50 PM

European Certificat of Conformity

Hello to all

I can't register my HHR bought in Belgium in France because the french ask for an EUROPEAN Certificat of Conformity (COC) and I have only the Belgium COC !
On the GM site, VDOCS, your online resource for vehicle documents!, you can only have a NON-Conformity Certificat . This help you to pass yourself all the tests for your car with the authority of your country.

I would like to know if one of the european member of this forum has a COC european or local. and if he has, can he posts a picture of it ?

Here is the belgium COC I have and that the french refuse
European Certificat of Conformity-hhr-coc.jpg

Thanks to all
Fabrice
Old 12-21-2020, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by fzapos
Hello to all

I can't register my HHR bought in Belgium in France because the french ask for an EUROPEAN Certificat of Conformity (COC) and I have only the Belgium COC !
On the GM site, VDOCS, your online resource for vehicle documents!, you can only have a NON-Conformity Certificat . This help you to pass yourself all the tests for your car with the authority of your country.

I would like to know if one of the european member of this forum has a COC european or local. and if he has, can he posts a picture of it ?

Here is the belgium COC I have and that the french refuse
Attachment 20291

Thanks to all
Fabrice
Did you get one?
Old 12-21-2020, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member

Check the thread date. 4 years old. Doubt you'll get a reply.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:35 PM
Technical Moderator

I thought Belgium was part of the EU. Even in 2016.
But, I see there is a 2007 date on the document, along with a phone and fax number. Maybe they thought of calling on the phone.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:48 AM
geg

Originally Posted by donbrew
I thought Belgium was part of the EU. Even in 2016.
But, I see there is a 2007 date on the document, along with a phone and fax number. Maybe they thought of calling on the phone.
Belgium is undoubtedly a member of the EU in 2007, 2016 and now.
Moreover, the capital of Belgium, Brussels, is the capital of the EU. In Brussels, all the administrative structures of the EU (parliament and other freaks).

Regarding registration - this is some kind of nonsense. I'm certainly not in the EU, but I know some of the rules. The car is certified for all EU countries at once. Unified certificate. It happens otherwise, but this is an exception that proves the rule.

But even if the car is certified for Belgium, but not certified for France, this is not a problem as it seems to me. Register your car in Belgium and don't know any problems. Perhaps even better, the French tax office will not see your purchase. Maybe even the fines will go somewhere in Brussels, although this is unlikely.
By the way, Belgium and France have a common border, half of Belgium is made up of ethnic French and French is their mother tongue. The border is open and if you are not an attentive driver, you may not notice how from Charleville (France) you got to Charleroi (Belgium). Some people live in France and commute to work in Belgium every day and vice versa.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:48 AM

That's a proof what I've talked about, (sad but true) US cars is black magic in EU. As far I know, EU version of hhr was relased from german dealership to whole europe.
Now funny thing about headlight from eu version : It has us based part number and label says made in mexico. Only diference is electric motor to adjust light height that was mounted by german dealership from 2008 to 2009.