Fuel Economy - Hypermiling Dedicated to discussions on fuel economy improvements and related modifications.

CNG, Auto-Gaz Centrum, sequential (multi-port) injection system

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:48 PM

Talking CNG, Auto-Gaz Centrum, sequential (multi-port) injection system

I will using a sequential (multi-port) injection system, Auto-Gaz Centrum made by Zenit. Just started the under hood install yesterday. Almost done under hood. Need to run high pressure line and tidy-up wiring still. Next I will be installing the tanks in the rear (spare tire well). Here's some pics for now.

KIT

Injectors plumbed to intake manifold

Pressure regulator wired and plumbed

Last edited by SlowHHRlt; 08-14-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Premium Member

Looks like you could use this.https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...=post+pictures
Old 08-14-2012, 04:22 PM

Looks good. PLEASE post some pics of the tank install when you get it in. I am looking at systems to install in my HHR and looking at options for tanks. I would like to have around 14 gal capacity and from what I have seen I will need to go with two small tanks to get that capacity in the rear.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool57
Looks good. PLEASE post some pics of the tank install when you get it in. I am looking at systems to install in my HHR and looking at options for tanks. I would like to have around 14 gal capacity and from what I have seen I will need to go with two small tanks to get that capacity in the rear.
Hi again, well I have been sizing up the intended tanks I plan to use. My first choice was to modify the rear floor to recess tanks. Impossiable wthout cutting frame rails & on & on. Too many hours for that. I'm suprised it's going to tighter squeeze that the Pontiac Vibe I had with the same tank set-up. Here's a pic of Vibe tank set-up.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:41 AM

Tanks in, all plumbing completed.

Here's a few more pics of tank and fill nozzle, one-way check valve and 1/4 ball valve. The tank is out of a Crown Victoria, size 9gge, travel range should be between 200-215 miles. It was a lot more work than my last car to plumb tank. More details and pics later.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:41 AM

Talking Finish Tank Install Pics

Here are some finished product of tank install. Some my wonder why bother with CNG. For me unleaded regular is over $4.05 and climbing. CNG local to me is $1.62 a gallon. It cost me $21.54 tops to drive 400 miles weekly for work, compared to $53.87 on gasoline .So annual cost is $1120 compared to $2801. In less than a year the kit will pay for itself, after that I save minimum of almost $1700 a year on fuel.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:37 AM

What did you do with your battery? It can't be in original location.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:08 PM

Arrow

Originally Posted by 08LaRam
What did you do with your battery? It can't be in original location.
Guess whatyes in the same location. I did not want to raise the center of gravity any more than it is now with the cng tanks. I purchased a new battery in hopes it last as long as original battery(6 years).
The ride height at the rear dropped about 3/8''. I will be adding a rear sway bar to keep it more stable, even than before.
Programing is very user friendly. Initial calibration is done by measuring rpm drop with gasoline injector at idle and 3000 rpm and matching cng injector by increasing or decreasing needed duty cycle to give equal rpm drop. Sounds confusing, but not really. More details on how it runs and works. Too much to digest at one time.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 PM

Super charger next?

Kinda funny. Because this mod is not High Performance, there is no response. I don't blame you guys, now that I'm getting older and thinking about my pocket book more. I end up modding towards saving money and not HP. If it were up to me and I was single, it would have a blower to turbo on it now. Who knows, I can still super charge it! That will make my wife love me more.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 AM

Looks like a nice install except, what have you set up for safety for the tanks in case of an accident? I don't see any sort of cage ot shield.

Quick Reply: CNG, Auto-Gaz Centrum, sequential (multi-port) injection system