Fuel Economy - Hypermiling Dedicated to discussions on fuel economy improvements and related modifications.

FuelLog for Android

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:39 PM

FuelLog for Android

Hey guys, I just figured I'd mention this App I've been using called FuelLog by Simon Morgenthaler. It's really helping me track fuel economy and adjust my driving to get a fair balance of fun and economy.

It's really handy and the basic version is free. It works in kilometers and miles, stores multiple vehicles, and has a way to log oil changes and maintainence costs, and an extensive list of stats that it displays. It even allows you to insert fill-ups out of order in case you forget to log one and want to put it in later. You just tell it the date and it inserts the data at the correct spot.

For a freebie, this App is awesome and really powerful. The pro version is even better! You can upgrade to the Pro version for a whopping $2.70usd. The pro version allows you to export the data you collect to Excel or to a .CSV file so you can place it in the spreadsheet of your choice. It also includes a few more parameters that you can log.

All in all, if you have an android and don't wanna collect reciepts or keep a logbook in the glovebox, it's totally worth giving a try.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 PM

thanks I will look that one up. I like to try different "car log" apps but never found one that really suited my needs.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:58 AM

I've tried about 5-6 apps and this one is the best I've found. The metric settings are pretty handy given that almost the entire planet is smart enough to use the metric system. Maybe someday the U.S.A. will figure out how much sense it makes and join the rest of the world.

BTW stephofthedead, I love the blue on your HHR. If I could have found a blue SS I would have grabbed one in a second!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:00 AM

Thanks doom I will try it out
Always trying new apps