Whats your gas mileage on your HHR - Page 16 - Chevy HHR Network


Fuel Economy - Hypermiling Dedicated to discussions on fuel economy improvements and related modifications.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #151
Moderator
 
RJ_RS_SS_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-01-2014
Location: California
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard999 View Post
Okay... The problem, as I see it is simple. You should "floor it".
Agreed, you only get those extra ponies when ya floor it!!!

RJ_RS_SS_350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:29 PM   #152
Member
 
Join Date: 07-23-2017
Location: POLAND
Posts: 93
Ok so im the only one with LPG on board ?! So my computer shows me the economy at 8,5-9 liters (once there was 7,5) on non city trips, and 11-12 in mixed/city trip per 100 km, so on one full LPG tank i make aprox 400 km in city, and around 500 km on city free trip for 90 zlotys thats 23$! thats cheap!
M3ndoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:15 PM   #153
Moderator
 
RJ_RS_SS_350's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-01-2014
Location: California
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ndoR View Post
Ok so im the only one with LPG on board ?! So my computer shows me the economy at 8,5-9 liters (once there was 7,5) on non city trips, and 11-12 in mixed/city trip per 100 km, so on one full LPG tank i make aprox 400 km in city, and around 500 km on city free trip for 90 zlotys thats 23$! thats cheap!
So if you average to 450 km per tank(about 280 miles), at $23 per tank, that's just over 12 miles for $1.00.

In the U.S., on April 1, 2017, gasoline was average $2.38/Gallon. Propane was $3.87/Gallon. https://www.afdc.energy.gov/data/10326(uncheck the boxes for irrelevant data).

If it were gasoline, you'd get around 30 miles per gallon, at around $2.38 per gallon, the same, just over 12 miles for $1.00.

11 liters per 100 km is about 21 miles per gallon, at $3.87 per gallon, about 5.5 miles for $1.00.

I seem to recall you said propane is much cheaper than gasoline in Poland. Not true in the U.S.

Although automotive propane might be much cheaper than this; this site says " **Propane prices reflect the weighted average of "primary" and "secondary" stations ".
RJ_RS_SS_350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #154
Member
 
Join Date: 07-23-2017
Location: POLAND
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350 View Post
So if you average to 450 km per tank(about 280 miles), at $23 per tank, that's just over 12 miles for $1.00.

In the U.S., on April 1, 2017, gasoline was average $2.38/Gallon. Propane was $3.87/Gallon. https://www.afdc.energy.gov/data/10326(uncheck the boxes for irrelevant data).

If it were gasoline, you'd get around 30 miles per gallon, at around $2.38 per gallon, the same, just over 12 miles for $1.00.

11 liters per 100 km is about 21 miles per gallon, at $3.87 per gallon, about 5.5 miles for $1.00.

I seem to recall you said propane is much cheaper than gasoline in Poland. Not true in the U.S.

Although automotive propane might be much cheaper than this; this site says " **Propane prices reflect the weighted average of "primary" and "secondary" stations ".
1 galon of gasoline in Poland = 4,33$
1 galon of LPG = 2,03$

Give me the damn gasoline prices that are in US!

Last edited by M3ndoR; 07-31-2017 at 10:14 AM.
M3ndoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:50 AM   #155
Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-2017
Location: Garland, TX.
Posts: 57
Last trip, DIC read 22.1 but I calculated 23.1 - last fill-up, I used 93 octane with a new air filter in place. = Calculated 23.48 on this tank. Next paycheck, new spark plugs and I'm working on a 'wooly worm' project.
PittKrewBowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:27 AM   #156
Moderator
 
Oldblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-2011
Location: Welland,Ont Canada
Posts: 15,697
This tankful, includes trip to Erie PA, a couple trips to Fort Erie and a trip to Hamilton, Ontario. DIC shows 33.5 MPG , windows down turn off the A/C much better mileage.
Next tank , windows up with A/C , let's see the difference.
Oldblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:29 AM   #157
Member
 
Join Date: 07-23-2017
Location: POLAND
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblue View Post
This tankful, includes trip to Erie PA, a couple trips to Fort Erie and a trip to Hamilton, Ontario. DIC shows 33.5 MPG , windows down turn off the A/C much better mileage.
Next tank , windows up with A/C , let's see the difference.
And the next one, just to be hardcore ac off, windows up (closed) the best milage
M3ndoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #158
Premium Member
 
aradmahogany's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-2013
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 1,171
Dead thread revival, but Hurricane Irma got me thinking about Octane. Since Greggs Manual recommends 91 and above (2.4 engine), that is all he has gotten for the past 4 years. Since the storm I experimented and downgraded to 89 and could not believe it. My mileage has been going UP. I really have no explanation of why.
aradmahogany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #159
Moderator
 
Oldblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-2011
Location: Welland,Ont Canada
Posts: 15,697
Just enjoy it! And the savings!
Oldblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:20 PM   #160
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-13-2017
Location: Fairborn, OH
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradmahogany View Post
Dead thread revival, but Hurricane Irma got me thinking about Octane. Since Greggs Manual recommends 91 and above (2.4 engine), that is all he has gotten for the past 4 years. Since the storm I experimented and downgraded to 89 and could not believe it. My mileage has been going UP. I really have no explanation of why.
Ah, a chance to guess something, that's my forte.
In my town which is low budget, blue collar, lots of beaters around here, regular gas is always fresh. Higher octane gas isn't in high demand so it gets a little old in the gas stations' tanks. I had a RoadStar motorcycle and pampered it with high octane gas. I had nothing but trouble with it. I got dirt in the carb's needle and seat, poor starting, and so-so mileage. I started running regular and had no further problems whatsoever. It's low compression (8.3 to 1) engine didn't care.
So far the 2.2L (10 to 1) HHR is dealing with it ok.
Runs fine. I get poor mileage because it's all in town, low speed, sitting in a line at the drive-through driving. I get about 22, all city with a short highway ride a couple times a month.
Conax is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poor gas mileage Asylum_Doc Problems/Service/Repairs 80 04-14-2017 06:57 AM
2011 HHR LT poor gas mileage 11hhrlt Problems/Service/Repairs 22 02-14-2014 01:46 PM
I am impressed with the HHR SS's Gas Mileage. camaro98z28 HHR SS 40 04-21-2010 05:04 PM
whats your actual city gas mileage JB1 General HHR 63 12-20-2008 11:02 PM
Article using HHR as "good gas mileage" example NHHHR General HHR 3 06-05-2007 11:08 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All rights reserved.