General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2008 Chevy HHR 2.2 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 02:22 PM

2008 Chevy HHR 2.2 won't start

Good Afternoon everyone,

grettings from Panama, Central America (Panama Canal), the reason of this topic is because we have a problem with my causing car, he have 2008 HHR Panel with 2.2 engine.

he apparently had a problem with battery and after that the car shut down down, if he try to tun on the car, nothing comes up, not crank, not lights.

We connect a scanner and show these dash codes.

C0569, B3105

using the search option, the only thing I got is this:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gene...k-37934/page2/

the big problem is, these car was not offer in my country, he buy the car in US and bring it to here.

the dealer said they dont have any computer for this car

so the solution for that problem to reset the computer is not a option apparently.

we took the keys to a programmer and they said the keys are fine, also we did the 30 minutes relearn keys process with not success.

my question are:

could be a different problem?

Is there any work around for this issue?

Comments, help, S.O.S. is well appreciated guys.

**sorry if my english is bad, is not my native language**

regards,

Hector
Old 07-01-2017, 02:31 PM

Hi Hector, to the forums!!

I would suggest first having the battery tested. The HHR is very sensitive to low voltage. The battery typically only lasts for approximately 5 years. When the battery goes bad, it can cause many problems.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Technical Moderator

Welcome! You are the second new member from Panama this week. My dad was born in the Canal Zone 99 years ago.

B3105 means the fob is not programmed, would not prevent a startup.
C0569 means that the Electroni Brake Control Modules needs to be programmed; evidently, it was replaced without being programmed.

Did it ever start? What sort of battery problem?

A GM dealer doesn't have a Tech2 scanner??????? Or do they just not know how to use it? Even a SnapOn computer should work.

If the battery has been dead then the RCDLR will likely need new firmware installed. That would not prevent a startup.
2008 Chevy HHR 2.2 won't start-2008tsb.png

There has been problems with the halves of the underhood fuse box getting loose and the connectors on the bottom of the fuse box. Look for this kind of thing:

Name:  connector.PNG
Views: 1159
Size:  426.6 KB
Old 07-03-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350
Hi Hector, to the forums!!

I would suggest first having the battery tested. The HHR is very sensitive to low voltage. The battery typically only lasts for approximately 5 years. When the battery goes bad, it can cause many problems.
Hi, thank you!

well, my cousin say his battery gone bad and he had to replace, so right now the battery is new and is very it cause a lot of problem after that.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Welcome! You are the second new member from Panama this week. My dad was born in the Canal Zone 99 years ago.

B3105 means the fob is not programmed, would not prevent a startup.
C0569 means that the Electroni Brake Control Modules needs to be programmed; evidently, it was replaced without being programmed.

Did it ever start? What sort of battery problem?

A GM dealer doesn't have a Tech2 scanner??????? Or do they just not know how to use it? Even a SnapOn computer should work.

If the battery has been dead then the RCDLR will likely need new firmware installed. That would not prevent a startup.
Attachment 22002

There has been problems with the halves of the underhood fuse box getting loose and the connectors on the bottom of the fuse box. Look for this kind of thing:

Attachment 22001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtP4Jvdr28
nice, good to know, you dad is part of our history, glad to know and you are more than welcome to come here.

regarding your question, the problem was the battery gone bad and car just wont start, after he replace the battery he was having all these issues.

for the dealer they said: "we don't support that car, because we never sell it before" so that's the escuze but we keep trying.

we are going to do the fuse cover removal cleaning process to check first, thanks for that information.

thank you guys!
Old 07-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Technical Moderator

The HHR is mechanically similar to Cobalt, Saab 9-3, Pontiac G5, Saturn Ion, Opel/Chevrolet Zafira. The same electronics as any GM car; Chevy, Pontiac, Saturn, Opel, Saab, Holden, Buick, Daewoo, Cadillac, Vauxhall.

Hard to believe a GM dealer wouldn't help, just because they don't sell the model. Make sure they don't think you are trying to get warranty work, that's the only reason I can think of.

Did anybody try jumpstarting the car without reading the Owner Manual directions? The cable connections are not where most people assume they are, and improper hook up can cause major damage.

Any thing else that you thought was not related?

A digital (English) Owner Manual is available via the link in my sig. I think they were only sold in the U.S. and Canada, so English and French is all they printed (I think).