Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   2LT, worth the money? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/2lt-worth-money-1890/)

captain howdy 05-09-2006 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by KY Dave
Hey, I agree, what about the LS? I bought it because of the possibilities and the cost. Please don't separate us out as "not counting". All the car has to say is HHR.

I don't think Canadian HHR was trying to say that people with the LS don't count? :confused: I just think they are not considering buying an LS. :smile: I know when I bought mine I didn't even consider buying an LS. ;)

dbarberaz 05-09-2006 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I don't think Canadian HHR was trying to say that people with the LS dont count? :confused: I just think they are not considering buying an LS. :smile: I know when I bought mine I didn't even consider buying an LS. ;)

I agree with the cpt. To me it sounds like he wants to buy a LT but not sure if the 2LT is worth the extra money. I think his survey was only to find out what is more popular between the LT's

cj krause 05-09-2006 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by JESSE
I have the 1LT. The only things I don't have are the leather seats, side air bags and Onstar. I am not to crazy about leather seats, but to each his own!

i have onstar, side curtain air bags (have those on Nox and cobalt too) and i do not like leather seats

I dont like electric seats. my pump seat is awesome,,, makes it very unique especially with all I have done to mine and also the pump seat goes lower and higher than the electric seats

Firewatcher 05-09-2006 09:19 AM

Do I wish I bought the 2 LT? Sometimes, but actually I just wish I picked up the running boards and driving lights. I hate leather (except for a certain pair of chaps I have, but that's another story ;) ). The motor? I am quite pleased with my 2.2. It does the job for me. Automatic......It's pretty much a necessity for me. Other than my sweetie sitting in the body shop, and GM being GM when they handled "certain" complaints, I'm happy with what I bought.

DaJoker 05-09-2006 09:25 AM

Personally, I would get nothing but the 2LT. That was my only requirement when looking at the HHR. I love the leather, the fogs, and the 2.4L. Leather is MUCH easier to keep clean when you have kids. Just my opinion of course.

cj krause 05-09-2006 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Sometimes, but actually I just wish I picked up the running boards and driving lights. Automatic......It's pretty much a necessity for me. Other than my sweetie sitting in the body shop, and GM being GM when they handled "certain" complaints, I'm happy with what I bought.

i got the appearance package and had mudflaps and running boards from the get go and have not had any problems so far and about 14,000 on it as of this week and prob 17000 when i get back from FL

agree on the leather and kids, cloth is hard to keep clean
wife wont drive a stick and with I gear and finding out the stick has no passing gear,,, im glad i got the auto... will see when it needs to be rebuilt

i love my HHR

bill15 05-09-2006 09:40 AM

Yes...the 1SB gives you much more....2.4 engine, 17" wheels, fog lights, .....if you add in these options to the 1SA package, you will pay about $ 600.00 MORE. Take the 1SB...I did, and it's worth it.

KY Dave 05-09-2006 09:52 AM

Whew.......thank goodness. I was beginning to think I didn't count. Maybe it's the paranoia kicking in.... I have a friend who has the 2LT. When I compare mine with his, I just don't see the extra $7-8000. There are probably a couple of options I would have liked, BUT I love my LS HHR.

PhxHHR 05-09-2006 10:07 AM

I agree with some other's posts: I didn't consider anything else but the 2LT when I was shopping around - only because I wanted all the extras added on from the get-go. I mean, we're all gonna add stuff as we go, so might as well get as much factory-installed stuff from the beginning. As for the engine, I really enjoy the 2.4 - it's the first 4-banger I've ever had, too, and it is a beaut! Especially w/gas @ $3 a gallon - this car's great! :cool:

cj krause 05-09-2006 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by KY Dave
Whew.......thank goodness. I was beginning to think I didn't count. Maybe it's the paranoia kicking in.... I have a friend who has the 2LT. When I compare mine with his, I just don't see the extra $7-8000. There are probably a couple of options I would have liked, BUT I love my LS HHR.

appearance package= 325
not too bad