Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   6 Cars on Death Row (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/6-cars-death-row-20821/)

hyperv6 01-21-2009 03:14 PM

There are a lot more models going to bite the dust and manynew models that are not going to make it to market.

In a few years the automotive landscape is going to change a lot.

Look for Pontiac to go to 4 models, Solstice, G8, G5 and Vibe. All of these models are limited in their life do unless they have a replacments we don't know about Pontiac could be gone by 2014.

The cars planned for Saturn will show up as Buicks. The Opel line that was to have been Saturns are Buicks in China. We will get them here as Buicks also.

The Opel Insignia is the first one we will see as a Buick in a couple years. It is already going on sales in China as a Buick now.

Most all GM models will be sold work wide in some way in the future. Few will be for one market only. We will have Chevy, Buick, Cadillac and GMC sold world wide with shared Opel and Holden models.

xzombiex66 01-21-2009 03:16 PM

Honestly there already is the Cobalt why do they need the G5 i think its a waste.

stranger 01-21-2009 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by outlandishhhr (Post 351048)
Honda engineers make some of the world's most practical, dependable family cars -- cars that don't excel at any one thing but do nearly everything fairly well, and never, ever die.
It must drive them insane. If you've perfected the craft of timing valves and perfectly mating an engine to a transmission

Please forgive me for taking this passage out of that fine "pass a long" article but I wish to add my own personal comment that is based on having owned two of the above praised vehicles........ ( the rest of the "read" seems to be fine and dandy )...................... WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! .... Opps, excuse me I meant dog do! Doughda Corp isn't most "in" ANYTHING! ( Anti-Flame suit on and ready)

jerSSey HHR 01-21-2009 04:52 PM

The PT may have paved the way for vehicles like the HHR, but the HHR far exceeds the PT in every way. The PT is an old platform that hasn't been updated in years. Neither the base PT or HHR has a tremendous amount of power, but the PT gets horrible gas mileage and the HHR gets stupendous mileage.

Every review I've read prefers the HHR over the PT, and the SS is way better than the PT turbo. The only thing that the PT has that the HHR doesn't have is a convertible model. But to me, the PT convertible is FUGLY!

hhrcrafty 01-21-2009 05:19 PM

Yet another mainstream media article giving head to Honda..."and never, ever die."

c2vette 01-21-2009 08:59 PM

Well, I would say the ones most likely to retain value (maybe even track inflation) since they do an excellent job at the role they were designed for and have a loyal following are: The Viper, The S2000, and the H3. Obviously the Viper has the highest carrying cost though. My son has had offers of about 80% of what he paid for his super clean low mileage ZR2 Blazer, and the H3 is a better vehicle.

JACK-07 01-21-2009 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR (Post 351120)
The only thing that the PT has that the HHR doesn't have is a convertible model. But to me, the PT convertible is FUGLY!

You mean the bathtub on wheels?? :lol::lol::lol:

hhrcrafty 01-21-2009 10:03 PM

If the H3 had come out eight years ago instead of the H2, Hummer would never have gotten as bad a reputation. They could've been placed as a realistic competitor to Jeep at that point. Even though the H3 is arguably the most capable stock SUV on the road, nobody wants 'em because of the Hummer stigma.

The Colorado and Canyon have been a marketing disaster as well. Trucks that wound up being smaller and uglier than the S-series and just as expensive as the full size pickups won't sell. Ford and GM went from owning the compact/mid-sized pickup segment to barely selling anything in it. I wonder if the same locking front diff on the H3 is available on the Colorado Z71 package?

c2vette 01-21-2009 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty (Post 351208)
If the H3 had come out eight years ago instead of the H2, Hummer would never have gotten as bad a reputation. They could've been placed as a realistic competitor to Jeep at that point. Even though the H3 is arguably the most capable stock SUV on the road, nobody wants 'em because of the Hummer stigma.

The Colorado and Canyon have been a marketing disaster as well. Trucks that wound up being smaller and uglier than the S-series and just as expensive as the full size pickups won't sell. Ford and GM went from owning the compact/mid-sized pickup segment to barely selling anything in it. I wonder if the same locking front diff on the H3 is available on the Colorado Z71 package?

You are so right. I have a friend that bought an H3 and loves it (it is a great vehicle) but he said he almost did not buy it just because of the "Hummer" stigma. Also right regarding the Blazer and S10, they are great looking, reliable, and popular, I loved my 4.3L V6 5spd S10, and we had our Blazer for almost 200,000 miles and it is still going strong with the 2nd owner, why did they feel the need for a replacement line?

crazysteve 01-21-2009 10:27 PM

I almosted cried when GM dropped the s-seires I owned 3, just stupid of them