General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Anyone use Quick Jack?

Old 02-21-2018, 06:41 AM

Anyone use Quick Jack?

Anyone buy a Quick Jack for their HHR? I have multiple vehicles and I wanted to see if someone bought one of these and which model fit best. The HHR would need an extended version based on the data from the company.

Since the HHR doesn't have typical lift pads, I would be raising on the pinch seam, and is there any reason I have to raise exactly at the location were the jacking points are or can I come in 6" on each end? (They sell a pinch seam adapter).

quickjack.com

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Administrator

I’ve looked into this, determined, for most under car repairs it would be in the way.
Fuel lines, brake lines, fuel tank, exhaust all would be hampered by this.
Now for brakes, oil changes, tire rotation it would be good.
However my $59.00 HF aluminum floor jack and $50.00 for 4 jack stands work out better and (do the math) are a huge savings in the budget.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:26 AM

The car has some beefy frame jack points underneath like any other vehicle. Most repairs I do never require the entire car to be lifted at once, and, although frowned upon by some, you can jack up either the entire front or rear end of the car by itself.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:39 AM
Technical Moderator

The gift for the man that has everything.

If I was jacking a car up every day, maybe.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:44 AM

For what they're charging, I would get a 2 post lift and be done, even if it had to be installed in the driveway. A 2 post is gonna give you a lot more access, and the ability to lift just about anything short of a 1 ton truck without missing a beat. I would feel safer using a 2 post simply because of the locks it has. **** happens, and I wouldnt want a portable lift being the only thing in between me and a 4K lb car.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by RattyHHR
For what they're charging, I would get a 2 post lift and be done, even if it had to be installed in the driveway. A 2 post is gonna give you a lot more access, and the ability to lift just about anything short of a 1 ton truck without missing a beat. I would feel safer using a 2 post simply because of the locks it has. **** happens, and I wouldnt want a portable lift being the only thing in between me and a 4K lb car.
THIS!
If I had a garage (it will be a few years before I can justify the expense) I would absolutely include a lift in the design.
OMG, when I think of the money I could have saved over the years!
Old 02-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Technical Moderator

Used 2 post lifts are surprisingly affordable.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Used 2 post lifts are surprisingly affordable.
About 2 years ago, the Advanced Auto Rep was at the shop I was working at. He said he could sell me a brand new one for $1700 installed. I think For about $2500 if you did your research, you could have one installed, granted all that needs to be done to install is drill into the concrete and square everything up. I'm gonna buy one and install it when I build my shop this spring. Can always make money with a lift, even if your just renting it out.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:53 PM

Looking for anyone who has bought one for an HHR

I am looking for anyone who has purchased this product and which size they bought.

I don't have the room for 2 or 4 post lifts in my garage. I don't have the height, nor the proper footing in the floor. While 2 or 4 posts lifts would be great, I am not going to raise the roof on my garage, nor am I going to cut up the floor. Plus, this is my main garage and I don't want posts in the way when I want to get in and out of the vehicles. It is already tight enough in this two car garage :)

As for access, this will give me the access on need to drop the cradle, or the exhaust. If I need, I can use jack stands and jacks, but they are a pain and they don't give me the height that I want, without modification. I have been wrenching for decades and I am tired of using jackstands and jacks. It isn't fun anymore.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:17 PM
Technical Moderator

After soaking for 2 months, I guess no one has.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone use Quick Jack?