General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Bad problems w/HHR

Old 01-19-2006, 12:20 PM

Unhappy Bad problems w/HHR

I bought my HHR in Sept. for my 40 B-day within 2 wks the good went bad I couldnt get into the drivers door that took 2 trips to the dealership. Then in December my back door latch would not open great for the holiday shopping let me tell you. When it was still warm my air-conditioner would just come on for no reason. Lately my radio, scanning thru channels would mess up from my steering wheel controls, my xm radio would just jump around to one station no matter what you did. It just got terrible where you would just turn it off. While I was driving down the road this week my door ajar light came on which it had been doing some, well then this time my door came open while I was traveling about 65 miles per hour. My drivers door window has been stuck some also. My car has been in the shop 7 or 8 times now which it is there right now. They are going to give me a extended warranty up to 75,000.00 miles free and no deductable. And maybe a new car of my choice. I really love the car and I have enjoyed it I just dont know if I trust the car or I should just get another model. Any suggestion out there for me?

Thanks

Last edited by Phyllis; 01-20-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Banned

It sounds like you got the lemon of the bunch. I have had a few small issues but not like you. Sorry to hear it.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:47 PM

I have not had a real problem with mine as of yet, I would push them to get you another HHR. I feel bad for you that you have had all of those problems.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 PM

WOW thats alot of problems. It is the first year the car is out but man. I gotta go with howdy, sounds like a lemon to me too. Only problem I've had was a fan or some crap like that and not being able to figure out what mod I want to do next. :)
Old 01-19-2006, 01:18 PM

Yes.. please ask for another HHR....
Old 01-19-2006, 02:47 PM

I have had no problems of yet. Sounds like you got a bad one. That happens with all makes of cars. Don't blame it on the HHR. Be glad they are offering a new one to replace it and an extended warranty. Sometime these things work out together for good. Ask for free options that you did not get with the original. I bought a Saturn one time that got wrecked on the trasport and they forgot to tell me till weeks later and they added a bunch of options for free.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:36 PM

If you were in Massachusetts, it would be a "lemon" and covered by law. The heck with the extended warranty. They owe you a new vehicle. And please make it an HHR. I think that you just happened to get the worst of the bunch with that particular one.

Keep us all posted!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:03 PM

As Firewatcher mentioned, the lemon law varies by state, but even a "strict" lemon law guideline would surely apply here. You might not have to hassle them too much to get you a new HHR (as they offered), but I would definitely fight for it. When I bought mine, I had to sign a specific lemon law box in the contract which states if the vehicle is in the shop at least four times within a year and a half or 15,000 miles (whichever occurs first), they can buy back the vehicle. I'm pretty sure I remembered that correctly but I would check up on it in your state. Sorry to hear you are having all these problems; my HHR hasn't quite cracked 1,000 miles yet and reading stories like this worries me. Best of luck to you!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:17 AM

Oh my! I hate to hear that you have had so many problems, I also bought mine in Sept, and it has NEVER been in the shop. I have not even had one problem (knock on wood). Make them replace the HHR, with the extended warranty. Good luck, and I hope that you stick with the HHR.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:50 AM

I will know Wednesday what they are going to all offer me. A rep from the plant is coming in. Thank you for all your comments and concerns I do appreciate the feed back it helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad problems w/HHR