Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Brake Questions.... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/brake-questions-63568/)

sleeper 09-11-2020 09:03 PM

What all 3 said !!! Especially FMG..

RJ_RS_SS_350 09-11-2020 11:04 PM

So you're all agreeing with bonez...

A simple yes would have been sufficient.

Bonez 09-11-2020 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge (Post 900972)
I would flush it with the old parts in. Don't want to install the new calipers, then flush the old ,dirty fluid thru them.

Yhats exactly what I was thinking. Im probly going to pick up new rubber lines tomorrow ($10 each) so not a bad investment in case the hoses are bad or worn? Any tips on replacing them?

Im thinking to put the hoses on the caliper, remove bracket bolts to pull the entire assembly off at once and install the new with rotor then disconnect the old hose at the hardline and connect the new line then bleed it immediately upon tightening it so to keep air from getting to the ABS system or upwards in the lines... what is your thoughts on this?
I figured its the fastest and simplest way to to get it done since calipers will be mounted and ready to bleed and I am debating picking up a bleeder kit rather than pumping the brakes????

Oldblue 09-12-2020 06:15 AM

Yes

Bonez 09-12-2020 11:54 AM

Picked up a vaccum bleeder today, $10 more for the one to run off a compressor but I didnt want to drag out extra tools so I opt'd for the manual hand pump.
Been sprinkling on and off all day, but weather will be a comfortable 80 throughout the week or upper 70's next weekend.... if its not humid I may get on them this week.

sleeper 09-12-2020 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350 (Post 900984)
So you're all agreeing with bonez...

A simple yes would have been sufficient.

Actually I was mostly agreeing with FMG.. Just saying...

WoodysMobile 09-12-2020 10:36 PM

I agree with everybody. That's just how I am :clappy:
I can't come to a consensus with myself though.
Should I buy the upgraded brake package for the front.
Or simply the OE package for my 2008 LS
$60 difference makes me wonder

Oldblue 09-13-2020 08:24 AM

By upgraded you mean the SS non Brembo larger caliper brackets and rotors? Well worth it!

Bonez 09-13-2020 10:32 AM

Well that didnt go as planned. Seized lug on the rears... so Im going to have to take it to the shop and get it broke free ( maybe replaced ) as I supported my 4 way with a jack stand and my 220# ass jumping on it didnt break it free.... damnit ! Maybe the son n law will see if we can use the shop after hours and knock this out on the rack? if not maybe my buddy will open their shop for a few hours and Ill take them some beer and a pizza... make a visit and catch up on old times, Im tired of crawling on the ground doing this ****. If I get another place its going to have a nice garage with a 2 post lift for sure, Having a procedure done on my wrist Tuesday so Ill be out of commission for awhile maybe.... sucks getting old.

WoodysMobile 09-13-2020 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue (Post 901070)
By upgraded you mean the SS non Brembo larger caliper brackets and rotors? Well worth it!

On tour at pick and pull for brake parts I noticed the Pontiac G6 has what appears to be the same as HHR brake pads with larger rotors and caliper brackets to accommodate same.
Does anyone know if this system would work?
Do you have to upsize to 17" wheels from 16" at some point in the brake size upgrade if the SS non Brembo is choosen?