General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Bumper damage

Old 04-05-2009, 01:44 PM
ecl

Unhappy Bumper damage

While cleaning the car up yesterday evening I noticed I must have got hit at some point this week, more than likely at my Apt complex we have very tight parking it was bound to happen. Very minor damage other wise would of noticed earlier, but due to the weather the car was very dirty and could tell anything till I cleaned it up. Im pissed cause now I need a new bumper due to a minor crack and the paint is spidered and I need a new running light as well has a crack also. Im just really pissed that I didnt notice it earlier, its just been a heck of week and yesterday was the first day I stopped and actually had time to wash the car. Oh well I guess now im on the prowl to find an SS bumper or other aftermaket we'll see what happens. Will hopefully get some pics up this evening, to pissed off to do it last night.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:05 PM
ecl

ok got some pics a little hard to see some but here you go

Old 04-05-2009, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by ecl
While cleaning the car up yesterday evening I noticed I must have got hit at some point this week, more than likely at my Apt complex we have very tight parking it was bound to happen. Very minor damage other wise would of noticed earlier, but due to the weather the car was very dirty and could tell anything till I cleaned it up. Im pissed cause now I need a new bumper due to a minor crack and the paint is spidered and I need a new running light as well has a crack also. Im just really pissed that I didnt notice it earlier, its just been a heck of week and yesterday was the first day I stopped and actually had time to wash the car. Oh well I guess now im on the prowl to find an SS bumper or other aftermaket we'll see what happens. Will hopefully get some pics up this evening, to pissed off to do it last night.
And I'm sure the... sucker didn't left a note.....
Old 04-06-2009, 10:36 AM
ecl

Of course not is any one lucky enough to come out and a find a note any more? And if they are they lucky enough to actually get info or just a sorry I hit your car just left a note because there are people watching(happened to a friend awhile back)
Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 AM

There are some very talented bumper repair folks. You will have to replace
the lens, but call around to see if you can get the bumber fixed. I backed
into a split rail fence, and a local guy repaired it so well, I cannot tell
where the damage was.

Cajun / Al
Old 04-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Angry Bumper

I would be pissed like a Mother if some one did that to my car
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 PM
ecl

Finally went to a body shop today and got a price of $894.24 to get it fixed to much for now hope I can find a cheap bumper some were.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ecl
Finally went to a body shop today and got a price of $894.24 to get it fixed to much for now hope I can find a cheap bumper some were.
You might try this member who is on this forum. But it would need to be painted....which probably is the most expensive part of the repair.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/deleted-threads-41/2007-hhr-1lt-black-rear-bumper-cover-sale-23164/
Old 05-05-2009, 07:02 PM

I have a rear bumper in amethyst that's just hanging around. I'll snap some pics and pm them your way.
If your interested.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Check here:

http://www.car-part.com/

You may be able to find a white rear bumper in good condition, then it's just a R & R

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bumper damage