Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Changes to the Search function (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/changes-search-function-59629/)

firemangeorge 11-22-2017 06:43 PM

Changes to the Search function

Not sure when it was done, but there are changes with the Search function.
Looks like the "All" choice is now "Google Search".

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.che...3e957d3648.png

donbrew 11-22-2017 07:21 PM

I think that is what it was, they just renamed it.

Silverfox 11-22-2017 07:55 PM

I still cannot make it work even though I just bought a brand new Dell Desktop Top of the Line Computer and tried it.
Windows 7 Pro with Internet Explorer 11.

Silverfox

RJ_RS_SS_350 11-22-2017 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox (Post 833477)
I still cannot make it work even though I just bought a brand new Dell Desktop Top of the Line Computer and tried it.

Silverfox

Anything we can help with?

firemangeorge 11-22-2017 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox (Post 833477)

Silverfox

Windows 7 ? That OS program is 8-9 years old.
I've had Windows 10 for over a year now. I use Google Chrome and no problems with this sites Search function.

Silverfox 11-22-2017 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by RJ_RS_SS_350 (Post 833478)
Anything we can help with?

Thanks for asking,

Whopper tried when the change was initiated and before the New Dell and could not come up with a solution at that time.

I Clean my computer every nite and keep all updates current.

Anybody else here using Windows 7 and Internet explorer11 ??

Silverfox

J W Davis 11-22-2017 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox (Post 833482)
Thanks for asking,

Whopper tried when the change was initiated and before the New Dell and could not come up with a solution at that time.

I Clean my computer every nite and keep all updates current.

Anybody else here using Windows 7 and Internet explorer11 ??

Silverfox

I am, it works fine with my HP, Windows 7 Enterprise and IE 11.

RJ_RS_SS_350 11-22-2017 08:40 PM

I'm still on Win7 pro, on my old laptop. Just tried IE11, no problem with search. I also use Chrome, no prob. I tried FireFox recently, no prob.

It is odd that a brand new computer would have Win 7. It's still supported, security updates, for another 2 years. But mainstream support ended about 3 years ago, no service packs.

Have you done all the updates and service packs available?

donbrew 11-22-2017 09:43 PM

A brand new Dell with windows 7 pro? Dell has not put 7 on a computer in at least 5 years.
That would not be the problem if it is only the search window, You probably have security set too high or your firewall needs an exception for google. Maybe you have some paranoid security software installed.

What search engine does I.E. use by default? You can set which to use in I.E. settings.
Try going directly to Google.
I have windows 7 on one of my computers, works fine. Cleaning cookies every day is a bad idea.
I could probably try a teamviewer session (remote access) and maybe help. Maybe Saturday?

Silverfox 11-23-2017 09:38 AM

Well.... I tried Windows 10 on a friends computer and hated it, so I have stuck with 7 Pro and under stand that the clock is running. I have not had any other issues up till now and do what Windows updates are available on the 2nd Tuesday every month.

Yes ... Dell Still offers Windows 7 Pro Factory installed on the Business side of sales to accommodate their Business clients that want to stay with it till the end.
I think it is about to end as far as sales go and that is why I bought this one last New computer now.
Many stayed with Windows XP for the same reasons.

This new computer is Factory built with a Windows 10 license and a Disc included to install Windows 10 any time I want. I also have Dell's Pro Service contract and they will assist or do the install when I need it.

Thanks for the offer Donbrew but I think I will just try a few adjustments and if that does not work then Just go to Google for the searches which is what I have been doing.

Maybe if I am lucky, Microsoft will have a New OS offering when 7 finally dies .....

That will probably happen when the sales of 10 begin to fall off the cliff.

Silverfox