Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Cheapo Car Cover? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/cheapo-car-cover-4048/)

MEAN HHR 08-19-2006 05:22 AM

Cheapo Car Cover?

Hey guys I just bought my new HHR yesterday and my neighbors f'ing cat decides to go walking all over my new HHR putting a few minor scratches at the same time (they can be buffed out easily, but still...).

I am pissed, and I am NOT a cat/animal hater, I own two cats and a little dog myself (her cats, MY dog ;) ). However they are INSIDE animals and the cats never are outside and the dog only goes outside with me to do his business and doesn't bother anyone in the process.

Anyway, mistakingly (sp?) thinking that the owners might actually care, I politely asked them to keep the cat indoors or away from my new car and I also mentioned the minor scratches. In short, they don't care. The male owner rudely gives some lame story how the cat used to be an indoor only cat, but since they recently had their first-born child the cat is now out of favor and now an outside cat. Then there was also some line about how I can't expect them to control where cat can and cannot go. Not that it matters, but the cat is extremely insane anyway and hardly friendly.

Sounds to me like they don't want the cat any longer, but don't want to attempt to find it a home either. So now I am asking around with my friends about borrowing a cat trap to catch it. My mothers work feeds stray cats food/water to keep the mice at bay in their storage/packing shed. I guess that's where I'll take it.

Sorry for the rant. Anyway, I need a cheapo car cover to hopefully avoid dirtly cat prints all over my car. I have covered parking already, I just need something to help protect the car in the process. Any ideas how much and where to buy?

Thanks guys!!

Black Beauty 08-19-2006 05:43 AM

Good luck, Cat owner/hater myself,(wifes cat).Car covers tend to be just as bad as they are good.
I`ve used covers on two diff. veh.(never The Cruck ), and you get scratches from the dust and road debris thats trapped underneath, and the wind moves it side to side all day.
Plus you have to do a ritual every time you want to go somewhere. Got to fold/store it. Gotta get on the ground to send lock cable to other side, if you want to keep it, and even the straps that go under the car to keep it from blowing off.... A real nightmare/pain-in-the-a...

BamaHHR 08-19-2006 07:07 AM

I have the same problem with a neighbor's cat. They don't care either. Makes me crazy. I do have a car cover, but haven't put it on yet.

Steelcity 08-19-2006 07:34 AM

Well i am not a cat or animal hater. I have 3 cats but they stay in our basement. I also have dogs that stay indors all the time. I can understand your frustration but the cat isn't the only one to blame the owner is partially responsible too. Just my :2cents:

nfboy 08-19-2006 07:44 AM

1. Report them to your municipality (city/town).

2. Call your local Humane Society/SPCA

3. Trap the damn thing and bring it to the Pound as a stray.

Cat and dog owners that allow their animals to roam anger the S**T out of me. Several of my neighbours allow cats to roam. Some keep them inside. One actually ties it on so it can roam his property but no one elses. I own two dogs and they never roam.

Firewatcher 08-19-2006 08:07 AM

Being a food officiando of sorts, I have tried eats from almost every country in the world (as long as it's from a buffet). I find that I really do like cats........in teriyaki sauce!

dbarberaz 08-19-2006 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Being a food officiando of sorts, I have tried eats from almost every country in the world (as long as it's from a buffet). I find that I really do like cats........in teriyaki sauce!

:laughabov :rof: :roflol: :rof: enough said :lol:

MEAN HHR 08-19-2006 09:25 AM

Correction/Update

Originally Posted by Steelcity
Well i am not a cat or animal hater. I have 3 cats but they stay in our basement. I also have dogs that stay indors all the time. I can understand your frustration but the cat isn't the only one to blame the owner is partially responsible too. Just my :2cents:

Oops, just to be clear I love animals too, most defintely NOT an animal hater. In fact I feed the cat sometimes with our food because they 'forget' to leave food out.

I just noticed that I forgot to add the word 'not' before animal hater in my original post, edited now. Sorry to give you the wrong impression.

I also agree with you about being the owner's responsibility too, its just they don't give :2cents: about the cat or what it does. I know that cat is just being nosey (in their nature), and I can also tell you that if my cats were allowed outside, one of the two of them would being doing the same thing to everyone's car. But that is also one the reasons (among others) that I keep my animals [cats] inside too.

Right now I'll give the neighbor's cat one more chance, as long as there are no more paw prints on my clean HHR (always clean, will be washed daily, have a unlimited monthly pass with car wash) the cat can stay. That's fair in my book.

James06 08-19-2006 10:10 AM

Before all the politically correct stuff started, the way that was handled in down south was a shotgun. I don't advocate taking a shotgun to pets, but maybe the owners? It sounds like they could use a few pellets in the rear.:lol:

DaJoker 08-19-2006 10:17 AM

James,
There are more "humane" ways to handle it now. Buy a cat hating dog for instance. ;) I have a very high prey drive Sibe who loves chasing the neighborhood cats off our lawn. He's even gotten a couple :D Get's the next door neighbors little Boston Terrier that is left offleash all the time as well. People in my neighborhood are so pet irresponsible it's not funny.