General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Classic hubcap fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 11:43 AM

Classic hubcap fit?

Has anyone found a hubcap like this that will fit our beloved HHR's? I think it would be great on the darker colors. If you have let me know.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:20 PM

Wow...those are cool looking. I would venture to guess that you won't find them to fit our stock rims, but would probably have to see if you can find a blank rim they fit and have them drilled to fit the HHR.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:34 PM

I think if we could find a wheel where this is the center cap..it would be possible. Of course..for enough money, space flight is possible for the untrained too!
Old 09-04-2006, 01:33 PM

Has anyone seen any others..I know there are some mooneyes, but I was hoping to get something with a lil more flash.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:07 PM

Hub Caps

you might ck this site they have hub cap clips to hold that cap on. Thay have all things to restore chevy / gmc trucks. I think you can make them work on a HHR wheel. go to view / order parts , then scrol down to hub caps they have pic for most parts. Also ck out Emblems and Trim , hood Ornaments OOH pick years 1947- 1953
http://www.americanclassic.com/index.htm
Old 09-04-2006, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by oneton
you might ck this site they have hub cap clips to hold that cap on. Thay have all things to restore chevy / gmc trucks. I think you can make them work on a HHR wheel. go to view / order parts , then scrol down to hub caps they have pic for most parts. Also ck out Emblems and Trim , hood Ornaments OOH pick years 1947- 1953
http://www.americanclassic.com/index.htm
This is the prime example of why I love this site. Ask and ye shall receive! You guys are the greatest!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:52 PM

More flash than Moon Eyes? Good luck! I have NEVER stopped at a gas station or anywhere else without being approached about the HHR, usually because of the Moon Eyes.

But.. since you want something different. I have the originals like you show above on my 48 Fleetline sedan. Before my wife convinced me about the Moon Eyes, I had the same plan you do. I wanted to find a chrome wheel in 16 or 17 inch that would accept an original 40s hubcap. But the ones I wanted to use were like:

The only difference was that they would have black block letters instead of red. When you look at our truck you can see why I wanted something black instead of colorful.

But I couldn't ask for anything better than the Moon Eyes and they fit perfectly on my stock wheels.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:56 AM

Hello, I want to do the same thing to my Silverstone HHR, i would love to put the older hubcaps on, but i was told by numerous people that it could not be done with the current wheels on the HHR ? ??? I have a LS with 16 inch wheels. Any suggestions ?
Old 09-07-2006, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by rollinchp
Hello, I want to do the same thing to my Silverstone HHR, i would love to put the older hubcaps on, but i was told by numerous people that it could not be done with the current wheels on the HHR ? ??? I have a LS with 16 inch wheels. Any suggestions ?
Songman..and I, also have the LS. Obviously, Songamn was able to. He purchased the screw on type instead of the typical push ons. Depending on what you wanted, it is possible. Dont give up hope. Just research it on the net and Im sure you'll find something. At the very least, you can get moon eyes like Songmans.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:14 AM

You'll have to find some older steel wheels (junkyard maybe) with the same lug pattern that were set up to use hubcaps. The lug pattern is 5x114.5mm which is SAE 5 x 4.5in... you can find all kinds of rims.

Quick Reply: Classic hubcap fit?