Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Custom panel on e-bay (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/custom-panel-e-bay-41441/)

Devils950003 06-20-2012 06:44 AM

Custom panel on e-bay

Not really my thing, but clearly some heart and soul went into this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custo...item19d20684c8

Tominator 06-20-2012 06:53 AM

Woe! That's nice!

chefhhr 06-20-2012 07:44 AM

Uhhhhh :yuck::barf:

843de 06-20-2012 09:45 AM

Somebody put a lot of time and effort into that, and also a bit too much chrome, you can over-chrome a custom ride....that's an example....makes my eyes hurt.

Devils950003 06-20-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 652225)
Somebody put a lot of time and effort into that, and also a bit too much chrome, you can over-chrome a custom ride....that's an example....makes my eyes hurt.

Agree on the chrome. Like I said, this one definitely isn't my thing, but yeah, a lot of work went into this one.

Breadfan 06-20-2012 10:46 AM

Salvage title, rebuilt. No thanks.

Rod Run 06-20-2012 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 652225)

Not my cup of tea, but it looks way better than some of the HHRs right on this forum, that use stick on "chrome" accessories everywhere and anywhere they possibly can.

I'm not big on the chrome either, but I think they incorporated it almost perfectly with the their theme. The running boards are just a bit much, but that still stays with the theme, on where the chrome would go on a '57 Chevy which is what they were emulating

Doctor Who 06-20-2012 12:11 PM

What is up with the 3 foot long shifter? That is pretty bad.

843de 06-20-2012 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor Who (Post 652282)
What is up with the 3 foot long shifter?

They used an Octane Booster, if the shifter doesn't get shorter in 4 hours, they need to contact a mechanic.:D

Greybeard999 06-20-2012 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor Who (Post 652282)
What is up with the 3 foot long shifter? That is pretty bad.

It's a "Rat Rod" thing....

I do like the dropping tailgate but not the way it looks, the angle is all wrong for what he was going for... I do like the 2 door panel conversion. (the sides) Wood floor looks cheesy, I've seen better. Kudos for the amount of work done, but it just missed on the styling ques.

Devils950003 06-20-2012 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999 (Post 652286)
It's a "Rat Rod" thing....

I do like the dropping tailgate but not the way it looks, the angle is all wrong for what he was going for... I do like the 2 door panel conversion. (the sides) Wood floor looks cheesy, I've seen better. Kudos for the amount of work done, but it just missed on the styling ques.

That's where I am. Looks like what was done was done competently and with great care. But if he toned it down maybe 20% or so all-around, it could've been pretty sweet, and I don't usually go for that kind of theme.

Krash Kadillak 06-20-2012 04:10 PM

Well, my mommy and daddy taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say...........

Tyler Harvey 06-20-2012 04:13 PM

Interesting, to bad the red dash doesn't match the seats. I like what they did with the rear end.

Devils950003 06-20-2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Krash Kadillak (Post 652322)
Well, my mommy and daddy taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say...........

God, I really HATE that saying. Sure, by all means, let's all become a bunch of sunshine-spewing bores. Don't take part in the friggin' thread then, if you can't handle people daring to share their opinions on a ride that clearly has the kind of styling that will spark debate and discussion.

No one's really ripping this HHR apart...people are merely pointing out things about it that they don't like (and some they do) or might change or tone down, as this is clearly an HHR that's not going to have an across-the-board appeal, and has some elements that will appeal to some, and not others. In a way I'd like to meet the guy who had the vision, just to see if the final result was what he had in mind, or if there's anything he would've done differently.

pyro panel 06-20-2012 07:40 PM

I have respect for the work that went into it...just not for the guy that done it...:gnonespet:

THE BATMAN 06-20-2012 07:59 PM

I think this is what an HHR is all about , Start with a great platform , And make it your own . It is a fine piece of work . Would i drive it no, Is it cool , Ya ! :thumb:

:batman:

Devils950003 06-20-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN (Post 652384)
I think this is what an HHR is all about , Start with a great platform , And make it your own . It is a fine piece of work . Would i drive it no, Is it cool , Ya ! :thumb:

:batman:

HHR definitely makes a great canvas.

This one definitely isn't middle-of-the-road...some are going to dig it, some are definitely not. But the owner definitely spent a lot of coin and put in some serious effort and time to make it his.

fire1501 06-21-2012 02:41 PM

A lot of work went into it for sure. Not my thing though. Too much chrome.

843de 06-21-2012 05:01 PM

The thing I don't get, and I was talking to another member about this last week, is why folks want to make the HHR look like a child of the 50's. OK the tail-fin kits are cool, especially when done well, kudos to A&P and the lovely Morticia.:twothumbs:

But the HHR is styled after the '49 "Advance Design" Suburban, with more than a little of the '46-48 Chevrolet's thrown in for good measure, so why the efforts made to turn them into little Bel Air/Nomad clones.

Shouldn't the emphasis be on making them even more 40's in feel, personally I'd like to see one done up like a '49 Suburban complete with a custom sheet metal dash and period instruments.

Devils950003 06-22-2012 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 652677)
The thing I don't get, and I was talking to another member about this last week, is why folks want to make the HHR look like a child of the 50's. OK the tail-fin kits are cool, especially when done well, kudos to A&P and the lovely Morticia.:twothumbs:

But the HHR is styled after the '49 "Advance Design" Suburban, with more than a little of the '46-48 Chevrolet's thrown in for good measure, so why the efforts made to turn them into little Bel Air/Nomad clones.

Shouldn't the emphasis be on making them even more 40's in feel, personally I'd like to see one done up like a '49 Suburban complete with a custom sheet metal dash and period instruments.

I think it's one of those rare rides you can customize to almost any era, though results may vary.

Just looked at a bunch of the '49s, and yeah, I would be curious to see an HHR modded to the true spirit of that era.

HHR_SS_QC 06-22-2012 09:18 AM

Personally, I think it's very nicely done. A lot of work went into this one, for sure. I think it would be cool vehicle to own. I am biased, I know. I love all HHR's. :D:smile: It would be nice to find a salvage SS, transformed into a pickup truck. :thumb:

mongo 06-24-2012 12:30 AM

The back would look so much better if they had just clamshelled the stock liftgate....

If I had the time n money, I'd like to do a round headlight conversion...

As for the dash, I saw an HHR dash in a 49 Suburban, so the 49 dash should fit in an HHR.....