Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   DETROIT on Tuesday (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/detroit-tuesday-25940/)

Marcruger 09-29-2009 08:39 PM

DETROIT on Tuesday

Hello All,

I travelled to Detroit today for the funeral of a close friend. I found where all of the HHR's are living. I usually see 4 or 5 HHR's per day here in NC, but I saw them EVERYWHERE in Detroit. I think the HHR is the most prevalent car in Detroit......well, after full size pickups. They sure are popular there.

On my way back to the airport I detoured and drove Woodward Avenue to get a feel for the street. It was neat, and I could see why it would be a good stoplight-to-stoplight area back in the day. Today there were police and pedestrians, so it would be a bit crazy to do much there. I can imagine what it must have been like with big-block Corvettes and Hemi Challengers and Cobra Jets. I guess the engineers could test a product fast that way.

I ended up renting a Nissan Versa for the day.......ick. It was awful. The interior rattled badly, it had no power, handled sloppy, and did a very weird porpoising front end deal. Like a boat hitting small swells. Odd.

I also thought we had some bad roads in NC these days. Detroit streets are composed of all of our bad streets collected in one area. Honestly, I think that must be why American cars ride better than imports.....Detroit roads would have a big impact there. Also, I think Detroit makers spend more time on rattle-proofing interiors. Again, because of Detroit roads? Interesting to ponder.

God Bless, Marc

urbexHHR 09-29-2009 08:42 PM

That is Detroit for you... Did you stop by the Renn Center? That's such a cool building!

And if you think that's the most common car in Detroit, you should come to Flint! They're everywhere! Most days you end up seeing a custom painted one, and it isn't the same one! There are a ton up here!

Stryker 09-29-2009 09:09 PM

I am right there with you Marc..driving around Durham and down I-40 to RTP I see them very sparingly. The PT is still more common down here. I should know it was the car I was planning on getting before the HHR. So my son and I were playing the PT game for many weeks. Never realize how many there are until you really start looking for them.

But now that I have the HHR its a treat because you don't seem them as much. So when we play the HHR game its a lot more exciting for my son.

twistrman 09-29-2009 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid (Post 415665)
That is Detroit for you... Did you stop by the Renn Center? That's such a cool building!

And if you think that's the most common car in Detroit, you should come to Flint! They're everywhere! Most days you end up seeing a custom painted one, and it isn't the same one! There are a ton up here!

As soon as I get into Flint I see them all over and even in Davison there are so many of them.

IgottaWoody 09-30-2009 12:53 AM

I believe the other 30 % are right here in Bar Harbor Maine..! When I rolled into town didn't see but one,,, I think they be breeding like rabbits cause now theres dozens!! But still only one SS.. mine...Mass seems to be the prevelant state here for representation of the HHR.. alotta rentals too.....

hyperv6 09-30-2009 05:48 AM

They are everywhere here in Ohio.

Just my parking lot at work we can have 7-8 in one day with my co workers. Two are SS. Our retail story has several a day that come in too.

In my 12 mile drive I can see 7-8 daily too.

Jeff® 10-01-2009 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:cool:

hyperv6 10-01-2009 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff® (Post 416005)
:cool:

Is that a reflection or did you not wipe the windshield off?

The last time I was there it was -5 and they still were bumming money As we walked to the Hard Rock for lunch from the NAIAS at COBO.

..... the bums not GM :lol:

Jeff® 10-02-2009 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6 (Post 416154)

..... the bums not GM :lol:

:lol:

That is actually a very nice clean place. It was like the first beautiful warm day after the long winter, and everyone was out along the river walk. I wish we'd had more time to spend there. That was the first and only time I'd ever been to Detroit (downtown). That's kind of silly because it is not that far from me.

HHRvey 10-02-2009 09:14 AM

Seems like this past year the Southern Indiana/ Louisville Metro area is flooded with them as well.:hhr: