General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Dont pump gas march 14th 2011 "gas out"

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Like everyone else has said, this will never work. Just do whatever you can on a daily basis to reduce your fuel consumption. I have been driving a bit slower, and coasting alot more to save some fuel. Gasoline here is 1.179 per liter. So lets figure this out compared to us prices....

Multiply the US price by .264 to get the per liter cost. (In US dollars).

For example Alaska average price (highest in US) 3.993/gallon = $1.054
Wyoming (lowest avg in US) 3.202/gallon = $0.845

The canadian dollar is worth more than the american dollar. Who is really getting hosed here? I would LOVE to be paying $4/gallon. I would be saving about $4.41/day!!

source: http://www.frugal-rv-travel.com/gas-price.html
Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Canada is the largest supplier of oil to the US.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Shhhh.... that's a secret. The media keeps telling us otherwise to cover that up.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:57 PM

Oil and gas are no a global commodity and are traded on a world market.

These little protest are internet hoax are just that a hoax. It may make people feel good but the buying and trading of the oil makets on speculation is what drives price. What does not sell here will sell elsewhere. China is the growing monster that will effect oil as will conflict in the middle east.

The Middle East is the part lost on many. The whole reason we are over there is to try to keep some stability and a foot hold to help keep prices in check.

It is too bad so many in this country do not understand how oil really is priced and how our economy is so heavily based on it. The Jihadist understand this and have been working to take control of it to spur the decline of the west.

Too bad so many in our goverment prevent us from trying to find and pump as much of the oil as we have available. In many ways they have been a road block to get out own oil and prevent others from directing out future.

We are working to lessen our need for oil but we still have a lot of work to do. We will always have a need for it but we can work to cut the demand.

Some would like to make you think we will run out of oil We will never run out of it but the cost may prevent us from buying it. It is all supply and demand. China just ramped up the demand part.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM

"We will never run out of it"

Everything is finite......
Old 03-10-2011, 04:02 PM

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

'Nuff said.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 PM

We need an old fashioned, effective protest, like maybe hijack a tanker and dump it in the harbor.

(kidding)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:51 PM

The truth is we all need to watch what is going on in Saudia Arabia today and the next few days. Protest are now there that have been sweeping the Middle East. What happens there could determind if we have a global depression.

Saudi hold 10% of the world market and if they are disrupted or if the people not friendly to the west get the oil we are in trouble.

Also if they do make it through the next issue is global demand. Gobal demand will increase at a great rate in the next 4 years. Demand could out strip supply and if that happens the $200 barrel could be upon us.

Everyone wants to pile on the oil companies but they are only one player is a large cast.

The problem right now is the force that has worked to stir up the Middle East protest. This did not just happen by chance. Wikileaks is also a player in this. I just worry who all is behind much of this that we do not know?

I just worry as we are not in a strong place in the world right now. Our foreign policy is very weak today and we could pay a real price for it.

With the many people in our country that seem to have a strong sense of entitlment anymore I worry about what hard time will bring.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:15 PM

How can you say we will never run out of it? That is insane to even think that! 50 years ago you could have also said that GM would always be the biggest car manufacturer in the world, and that their jobs would always be abundant.

All fossil fuels are finite. WE WILL RUN OUT. Maybe not in your lifetime, but in mine.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 PM

The gas companys may make ther money the day before and the day after. But I think if we boycot for one day it may help it may not. But what the hell its worth a shot. I wish we could boycot for a week. Now that would hurt them for sure. Oh well im not going to buy on the 14th for sure

Quick Reply: Dont pump gas march 14th 2011 "gas out"