General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

factory fogs on an LS?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 AM

factory fogs on an LS?

ive read all the how-to threads on factory fogs, and im going to buy a set for my 2010 LS, but i've also read the BCM on LS's can not be re programmed to control the fogs. does this mean i cannot use the factory fogs switch? do i just need to get the factory fogs, the 2 male bulb connectors, some wire, and an after market switch?

i found factory fogs for 20 a piece! i have my HID's to install in them so i dont even need the stock bulb connector now that i think about it.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:04 AM

As long as you have the lights, you should be able to wire them to a separate switch and then to the fuse box. Integrating with the factory switch and flashing the computer may not be possible, at least no one here has figured it out yet.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:10 AM

Use a relay and just wire them to trigger with your park lights. Then you can run them with your low beams OR your high beams!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:17 AM

I put the factory fogs and switch on my 09 ls. You will have to tell the BCM that it has fog lights using a tech II. I did mine last summer and it has worked great since then, no problems. It looks like the car came with the fogs, it functions just like an HHR that had them installed from the factory.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Putter
Use a relay and just wire them to trigger with your park lights. Then you can run them with your low beams OR your high beams!
yea, if its a factory setup and the bcm is programmed as such, it only works with the low beams right?

Originally Posted by jerry455
I put the factory fogs and switch on my 09 ls. You will have to tell the BCM that it has fog lights using a tech II. I did mine last summer and it has worked great since then, no problems. It looks like the car came with the fogs, it functions just like an HHR that had them installed from the factory.
is this something the dealer has to do?
Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by prod
As long as you have the lights, you should be able to wire them to a separate switch and then to the fuse box. Integrating with the factory switch and flashing the computer may not be possible, at least no one here has figured it out yet.
Originally Posted by jerry455
I stand corrected!
Good to know it can be done with a reflash, probably a dealer charge as they have the tool and the flash settings. I know my dealer wouldnt do it, they require a corresponding VIN just to order parts.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by prod
I know my dealer wouldnt do it, they require a corresponding VIN just to order parts.
Must be a canadian thing
Old 09-30-2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by ufvj217
Must be a canadian thing
I got the same thing from crateenginedepot when I tried to order the steering wheel radio controls. My VIN says I dont have it, so they wouldnt let my buy it.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:11 PM

I have my own tech II, but I did not reflash, just go into BCM and turn on fog lamp option. It has to know it has fogs. I did the same thing on my brother in laws G5. They bought it thinking it had cruise but it didn't so I got him a steering wheel with the buttons on it then I took techII and went in and turned on the option for cruise.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Where did you find factory fogs for $20 each? I paid $80 for the pair plus shipping.

I installed mine but haven't finished the wiring yet. I couldn't stand seeing the car without fogs for another day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: factory fogs on an LS?