Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Goodbye All!! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/goodbye-all-6623/)

greyghost 02-05-2007 07:52 PM

Goodbye All!!

:red: Well...I hate to say this but...I found a car that I liked better and a deal that I couldnt pass up. Sooooooo....I traded my HHR Saturday for a 2006 Miata Grand Touring with every option available. I got a $6000 rebate and a trade in thas was $1000 higher than anywhere else I had looked. I definitely enjoyed my HHR and had fun with it but definitely couldnt pass on this car. I know many of you wont agree with the decision...but I couldnt afford two cars and just HAD to have the Miata...so go ahead...tell me how bad a decision it is! :lol: Ultimately, I liked my HHR and I LOVE the Miata. So...I wont be on here much any more. Ill still lurk around occassionally. Good luck to everyone with their HHRs and I hope everyone has fun with the panels and SS models. Here is a pic of my car...Well its not my exact car..as it is 5 degrees BELOW zero today...but it is identical.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/files/1/6/0/5/mi.jpg

HHR Forever 02-05-2007 07:55 PM

Funny, you did the oppisite of my sister. Traded her Miata for a HHR.

Have a great time drive in the snow in that!

eat_world 02-05-2007 07:59 PM

Hey not the choice that i would have made but i do love miata's, and thats coming for a impala ss guy. You just got a go cart on crack so have fun and i'm sure you will. "The Man" will be on you with that car, or atleast thats been my experience in them. I have driven 3 different miatas and have loved every one. I actually drove a first year miata in blue to my senior prom, vary rare car and loved ever bit of it (expecially the bit at about 110)

captain howdy 02-05-2007 07:59 PM

I'll pretend it's a Ford just like Ford does. :lol:

HonestBlues 02-05-2007 08:00 PM

Looks great...ought to be a blast on a twisty road.Just don't plan on carrying much more than a golf bag.:lol: Take care,and I hope you do lurk around.;)

O6ChevyHHR 02-05-2007 08:03 PM

greyghost I will miss you, will you still visit to talk to us. Its been Nice having you on here! Take care, the Miata looks like a lot of fun!

jwolfe99 02-05-2007 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by greyghost (Post 118411)
:red: Well...I hate to say this but...I found a car that I liked better and a deal that I couldnt pass up. Sooooooo....I traded my HHR Saturday for a 2006 Miata Grand Touring with every option available. I got a $6000 rebate and a trade in thas was $1000 higher than anywhere else I had looked. I definitely enjoyed my HHR and had fun with it but definitely couldnt pass on this car. I know many of you wont agree with the decision...but I couldnt afford two cars and just HAD to have the Miata...so go ahead...tell me how bad a decision it is! :lol: Ultimately, I liked my HHR and I LOVE the Miata. So...I wont be on here much any more. Ill still lurk around occassionally. Good luck to everyone with their HHRs and I hope everyone has fun with the panels and SS models. Here is a pic of my car...Well its not my exact car..as it is 5 degrees BELOW zero today...but it is identical.

Heh dont leave just because you got a Miata, they are fantastic cars. I would buy one in a heartbeat. Dont get me wrong I really love my HHR but there are always other options. Stay on here and give us some info on you new ride. Who knows when I get rid of my HHr I may chose to go with a Miata, Love the color also. I owned a Mazda Truck for 9* years and no problems, still miss it. Wasn't anything special but I grew attached to it..

Snoopy 02-05-2007 08:11 PM

greyghost.....

Sorry to see you leave "The Brotherhood". And, congratulations on your new car.

If it's any consolation, you did exactly the same thing I'm doing. The HHR is an in between vehicle, until my new one is schedule for build.

You'll have fun with the Miata...I know several people that have them and enjoy the hell out of them (be careful on wet or snowy roads).

greyghost 02-05-2007 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues (Post 118420)
Looks great...ought to be a blast on a twisty road.Just don't plan on carrying much more than a golf bag.:lol: Take care,and I hope you do lurk around.;)

Funny story..when we bought the Miata..I had the HHR loaded with my bowling bag ( a double pull behind type), my wife bowling bag, all my car cleaning utensils, my emergency raod kit and our suitcase (overnight bag) as we were out of town, my portable dvd player and we all fit in the Miata. In comparison to the old ones..this puppy has a BIG trunk...oh it also fit the extra set of floor mats I made the dealer throw in!

O6ChevyHHR 02-05-2007 08:13 PM

Bang the S##T out of the gears to for me! lol!