Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   HHR 2007 Panel (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/hhr-2007-panel-45709/)

MMoody 04-08-2013 02:43 PM

HHR 2007 Panel

As a new subscriber to this site, I am looking forward to some good discussions on my favorite car and hoping you all will provide me with some answers
to some of the problems that I have incured over the last 178,000+ miles I have put on the vehicle.
A puzzling problem that just occured about a week ago has me stumped.
The electronic release on the dash for the 2 side doors stopped working and at the same time the rear hatch will not open now. Both occured at the same time. Coincidence.........don't think so but have been unable to find the fix.
Can anyone answer this one for me?

SS fan 04-08-2013 03:14 PM

Welcome to the site.MMoody. Panels rule...:D

When wierd stuff happens, I always check the battery, have you replaced yours yet ?

Ron S 04-08-2013 06:20 PM

Welcome to the site. Just a thought I would check the fuses.

Blue Beast (aka Boydie) 04-08-2013 06:27 PM

3-window panel

Welcome to the site MMoody. Check the fuses. Check out my panel and my mods.

Boydie :cowboy:

Originally Posted by MMoody (Post 699739)
As a new subscriber to this site, I am looking forward to some good discussions on my favorite car and hoping you all will provide me with some answers
to some of the problems that I have incured over the last 178,000+ miles I have put on the vehicle.
A puzzling problem that just occured about a week ago has me stumped.
The electronic release on the dash for the 2 side doors stopped working and at the same time the rear hatch will not open now. Both occured at the same time. Coincidence.........don't think so but have been unable to find the fix.
Can anyone answer this one for me?

MMoody 04-08-2013 06:36 PM

Thanks for the reply..........the battery is fine. I went over the fuses most logical place to look but came up empty. I'm rechecking them now thinking I must have missed something.
#18 is a relay in the fuse box labeled L/gate Relse which I replaced but didn't help.

VinceP 04-08-2013 06:44 PM

Welcome to the board.
The fuses dont have to be bad. Some have reported that the fuses in the box under the hood have worked loose over time. Make sure they are all pushed back into place.
Good luck with the repair and hope it is a simple fix.

MMoody 04-08-2013 06:44 PM

Checked the fuses first thing but came up empty. The fuse diagram does not show anything labeled door release. #18 is a relay but changed it with no effect.
Im going to go back to the fuse box and pull each and every fuse to do a physical check.
I'll post what I find.

MMoody 04-08-2013 06:47 PM

I did the reseat the fuses first as some were loose but it did not help.........doing a physical pull and check now on each one.

MMoody 04-08-2013 07:43 PM

Fuse check negative

Problem: HHR 2007 Panel side rear doors do not open with the dash buttons and the rear hatch cannot be unlocked or opened. Both problems occured the same time.
I just did a physical check of all fuses from 5 amp to 30 amp and found all to be ok.

??????

roberted5 04-10-2013 01:27 AM

Try unhooking negitive battery cable and let it set for 10 minutes.When you reconnect battery it will reboot computer.One problem in computer can effect many things.
The rear door can be opened w/o using handle.It's in the Owners manuel