Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   HHR, How reliable is this thing? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/hhr-how-reliable-thing-24711/)

solman98 07-22-2009 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by dkenthoward (Post 399100)
. I put a seat belt in the back so I can haul all six of us traveling, ...

And how does this work? Seat? Picture?

hhrcrafty 07-22-2009 07:17 AM

It's a great car. Drive one around for a little while before you buy one and you'll be set. They're plentiful at rental outlets, so get one for a few days to make sure you can live with the quirks. Most of the "quirks" like the window switches and cupholders have been worked out in 2009.

I have no idea what rattles people are having. Mine has over 82,000 miles and just has a little column rattle going over very rough roads. I need new brakes, but c'mon, it's over 82k!

JimDaddyo 07-22-2009 08:05 AM

No big issues with my '07 LT. It has been reliable and comfortable. They are not perfect, but what is. Remember that a forum will see more people complaining than those saying "it's great". Mine has had the typical brake issues with rotors warping. They got turned once, replaced once, then the new ones were just turned again yesterday. Had the bowtie emblems replaced, front yesterday, rear last year. All covered under warrantee, no charge. They have quirky cup holders (no biggie). Overall though, it is a good car, good on gas too.

If I had to buy a new car today, I'd buy an HHR.

catdaddy137 07-22-2009 09:41 AM

8 of 10

8 of 10 rating sounds pretty good to me...i have 08 2.4 auto 2lt , i think it has all options....88,000 miles , i've replaced 2 headlight bulbs , 1 on each side , that was in the last 5000 miles , changed the oil , and changed the air filter once.....a little wind noise , an interior squeek that i can only hear with the fan completely off , and i noticed the floorboard was damp a few times....those are the only things that could be considered an issue....i average over 30mpg and it has more room than ANY vehicle made in 08 with the same mpg.....and i'm still running on the oem firestone tires although the fronts are a little past due for replacement , the rear are at wear bars because i haven't rotated like is recomended.....really no other vehicle can compare because of the cargo vs mpg , and no major issues....toyota rav was 2nd when comparing cargo vs mpg....and of coarse if you search toyota problems , dislikes , you won't find any.....yea , right:roll:....to be fair , my miles are mostly hwy.

lvhhrpanel 07-22-2009 10:28 AM

I have a 2008 with 50,000 on the clock, no problems as of yet. I'm very satisfied with mine.:thumb:

Mike B. 07-22-2009 11:56 AM

Hharry has been with me 4 years and 50,000 miles. Other than oil/filter changes, the only work he's had done was the steering column rattle surgery (warranty).

My only complaint is that the panel (delivery) version wasn't available in 2006 :(

jerSSey HHR 07-22-2009 12:30 PM

My 08 SS is a year old next week and I have just about 20,000 miles on it. I haven't done anything but change the oil yet. The only negative has been a little bit of dashboard rattle from time to time, but I've had that on every GM vehicle I've owned.

mizzouHHR 07-22-2009 12:34 PM

I have an '06 with a touch over 90,000 miles and I couldn't be happier. I had a couple minor problems that were fixed under warranty in the first year, and it's been trouble free since.

txbass06 07-22-2009 12:45 PM

I've had mine for about 3 months and I love it. The only problem I have with it is its so dang easy to spend money on :lol:

catdaddy137 07-22-2009 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by txbass06 (Post 399205)
I've had mine for about 3 months and I love it. The only problem I have with it is its so dang easy to spend money on :lol:

yep:thumb: , and mine is a bug magnet , i can't keep it clean.:confused:..is that covered in my warantee:p: