Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   HHR Panel rear door opening question. (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/hhr-panel-rear-door-opening-question-5248/)

wolfee 10-23-2006 02:55 PM

HHR Panel rear door opening question.

If the rear (side) doors can be opened by pushing a button on the dash, is it reasonable to assume that you can open them from the outside by using the remote fob? The last thing in the world that I actually NEED is a midget panel truck. But, it looks too cool not to have. It sure would be more user friendly if the fob would open the back doors though.

captain howdy 10-23-2006 02:58 PM

I guess we'll have to wait until it's actually on the market to find out. ;) :lol:

jx3 10-23-2006 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by wolfee
If the rear (side) doors can be opened by pushing a button on the dash, is it reasonable to assume that you can open them from the outside by using the remote fob? The last thing in the world that I actually NEED is a midget panel truck. But, it looks too cool not to have. It sure would be more user friendly if the fob would open the back doors though.

As of 10/15 the prototype on display at the SFI Auto Show didn't even have the dash buttons for the rear door. Doubtful that they would change the fob to include any door.

O6ChevyHHR 10-23-2006 07:11 PM

that would make sense, door poppers!

wolfee 10-24-2006 09:37 AM

Looks like the fob will do it.

Some guy at www.gminsidenews.com claims to have seen the car at the Miami auto show and posts the following "The vehicle features the Corvette "key fob" system for opening the rear doors and rear hatch"

captain howdy 10-24-2006 09:58 AM

Some guy at www.gminsidenews.com claims to have seen the car at the Miami auto show and posts the following "The vehicle features the Corvette "key fob" system for opening the rear doors and rear hatch"

That confuses the hell out of me. Will a Corvette owner correct me if I'm wrong? I believe the Corvette key fob has the same number of buttons that we have. If I remember correctly the special thing about it is that it transmits a radio signal so you don't have to use the buttons within a certain proximity of the vehicle. Ie you walk up to your doors and they automatically unlock then you get in your car and hit the start button so you never have to touch a key or button at all other than start. I also think there is a key hidden in the fob (the bottom slides out) for in case of an emergency like the battery dying on your key fob. I don't see how that would relate to the panel vans rear doors. :confused:

solman98 10-24-2006 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That confuses the hell out of me. Will a Corvette owner correct me if I'm wrong? I believe the Corvette key fob has the same number of buttons that we have. If I remember correctly the special thing about it is that it transmits a radio signal so you don't have to use the buttons within a certain proximity of the vehicle. Ie you walk up to your doors and they automatically unlock then you get in your car and hit the start button so you never have to touch a key or button at all other than start. I also think there is a key hidden in the fob (the bottom slides out) for in case of an emergency like the battery dying on your key fob. I don't see how that would relate to the panel vans rear doors. :confused:

I have not seen both types, but have been told that on some (if not all) C06's they do not have outside door handles. The fob will still automatically unlock the door, but also have a button to open the door. Remember the HHR's have two fobs also. Mine does not have the remote start button, 5-speed, don't need it. Anyone see the 505 HP model up close yet? That should be the one with the remote doors if it is true.

jx3 10-24-2006 12:25 PM

Well having seen the "prototype" panel at the South Florida Int'l Auto Show, the rear doors are not set up to be open remotely. There were no release buttons installed in the dash, and there was no key fob to open the doors either. I specificly(sp) asked about how the rear doors opened.

If you take the time to read the whole thread, it is said by someone that there "will probably" some kind of key fob. It is then later assumed that this info was a fact, and here come the rumors.

Here is a link to the full press release.................

HHR panel press release

jx3 10-24-2006 12:28 PM

If GM puts the buttons in the dash for the rear side doors, how come they haven't put a rear hatch release, wheather it's in the dash, driver's door panel, or 1 of the 2 glove boxes?

wolfee 10-24-2006 03:53 PM

"I specificly(sp) asked about how the rear doors opened." JX, what did they reply?