General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Hhr purple wiring harness near battery identification?

Old 07-17-2019, 09:22 AM
Technical Moderator

Those pesky computers! Idiot mechanics! I guess nobody thought that the reason the computer was making the dash lights go crazy was that they had basically disconnected the alternator.

Send me a PM if you would like some "mechanic special" help.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Those pesky computers! Idiot mechanics! I guess nobody thought that the reason the computer was making the dash lights go crazy was that they had basically disconnected the alternator.

Send me a PM if you would like some "mechanic special" help.

Yeh i found this beautiful ride for my wife for a song, and after some research into it I knew I might have got into a vehicle that had some issues to foresee. But this forum helped my demystify the fuse box problems and other stuff, that isnt the easy computer cop out "fix".

There is a learning curb with this car as far as the way its designed but i think i found a good help forum in hhrnet.

Donbrew, I will surely hit you up on that offer if I run into anything that i need your expertise.
I duly appreciate it.

Im just a poor boy working handyman that keeps learning what i can to keep me on the road. So finding deals like this vehicle make it easier to stay out of debt and learn a few things along the way.