Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   HHR rocked by wave! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/hhr-rocked-wave-15862/)

diskullman 06-16-2008 10:49 AM

HHR rocked by wave!

Well, I can tell you these HHR's partially float. I was driving through the heaviest rain I've ever seen, hit a puddle, so I stopped to watch the Ford pickup in front of me make his attempt at the flooded road. I let him get way ahead before I started off. You are supposed to keep a slow, steady pace in these situations. I started to cringe when the pickup started slowing down. After calling the driver every name in the book, he pulled into the left lane to go around the stalled police cruiser in the middle of the flood water. I guess Barney Fife didn't want to get his feet wet, and get out of the car to warn other motorists, or maybe even consider closing off the road.
After skirting around the stranded police car, a car came through the other direction that created a wake that picked up the HHR and made it rock on the wave. Kind of felt like being in a rowboat. All in all, with the air intake up nice & high, the HHR went through like a champ.
I'm not sure what to say about the cop. It was not a fit night out for man or beast, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to out rescuing the rescuers.

jx3 06-16-2008 10:51 AM

:eek: :eek:

Just how deep was the water?

diskullman 06-16-2008 11:00 AM

Definately over the centerlines of the wheels

crazysteve 06-16-2008 01:13 PM

I had water going over the hood of my SS on Friday....was a bit on the scary side.

sincfiles 06-16-2008 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by crazysteve (Post 277013)
I had water going over the hood of my SS on Friday....was a bit on the scary side.

Oh, do tell!

crazysteve 06-16-2008 03:24 PM

I live in Springfield MO...We have got some rain to say the lease...any ways trying to get out of town to go to a Wedding. The water was over the road a bit (in the middle of town mind you) other trucks and even a HHR got through fine at this spot so I followed....as I was about half way through just a wall of water started coming in....the waves were going over the hood of the SS about half way up.....I gritted my teeth and just kept on the gas and she got me through, and no problems at all....this is truely a SUV

Ratzilla 06-16-2008 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
all these folks with cell phones and no pics !!! ahhh man what a pity :(

curtsy
Elle'

Firewatcher 06-16-2008 04:18 PM

I had water going over my roof today................wait a minute.....it was raining.

To all of you suffering in the mid-west, I truly feel bad. Water ruins more than property....it destroys lives. Godspeed to all of you. And may you have some freezing weather so you can turn it all into ice and ship it out to the ocean.

JimDaddyo 06-16-2008 05:51 PM

It was only chest high on the ducks!