Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Hi! New member w/ new HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/hi-new-member-w-new-hhr-8354/)

Lone Ranger 05-26-2007 09:24 PM

Hi! New member w/ new HHR

Hey all. We just got an new '07 HHR 1LT 2.2L w/ auto trans and Bright Group in Sunburst Orange II and ebony cloth. 102 miles on it when drove it home from dealer lot the other night. Completely thrilled with it so far. Might post some pics in the media forum later on.

Only one problem, the brakes pulsate. I didn't notice it on test drive, but its definitely there. From web research it seems this is sometimes an issue on new HHR's? Only does it when slowing down from about 45mph and above, but even if slowing down normally.

I'm a car guy but not as hardcore into it as some. Routine maintenance is a therapeutic activity for me, lol.

Drove a few HHR's at other dealers before this one, they were 2.2 automatic trans also, but this one had noticeably more pep and better throttle response. 220 miles on it as of tonight and fuel economy on the DIC readout is showing as 28.5 mpg. That's not all freeway driving, but a mix of urban city and suburban areas about 50/50.

HillsdaleHHR 05-26-2007 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 41313 to the site!!! Be sure to check out the Mid East Forums for upcoming events!!!

Lone Ranger 05-26-2007 09:35 PM

Hey all, any particular break-in procedure on the 2.2 engine? I'm from the line of thought that says take it easy first 200 - 300 miles, do not exceed 75% of RPM redline (4875rpm for the ecotec 2.2) during the first 1000 miles, then after 1000mi are up strong acceleration to maximize cylinder pressure to ensure good ring seating. Basically, you want to seat the rings good then you'll have an optimum performing engine with oil consumption at a minimum.

GDZHHR 05-26-2007 11:02 PM

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...043/flames.gif

Sounds like a happy owner so far. I from the 5,000 miles to broken school. By then everything should be purring along nicely.

oneton 05-26-2007 11:18 PM

Welcome; Hope you like yours as we do our's

mitzkity 05-26-2007 11:21 PM

Welcome!! I never noticed anything with my brakes, so I hope you'll get it checked if it continues. I just love my baby and hope you continue to enjoy your SBO. Did you name it yet?

jx3 05-27-2007 07:02 AM

bigallis1 05-27-2007 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger (Post 152904)
Hey all. We just got an new '07 HHR 1LT 2.2L w/ auto trans and Bright Group in Sunburst Orange II and ebony cloth. 102 miles on it when drove it home from dealer lot the other night. Completely thrilled with it so far. Might post some pics in the media forum later on.

Only one problem, the brakes pulsate. I didn't notice it on test drive, but its definitely there. From web research it seems this is sometimes an issue on new HHR's? Only does it when slowing down from about 45mph and above, but even if slowing down normally.

I'm a car guy but not as hardcore into it as some. Routine maintenance is a therapeutic activity for me, lol.

Drove a few HHR's at other dealers before this one, they were 2.2 automatic trans also, but this one had noticeably more pep and better throttle response. 220 miles on it as of tonight and fuel economy on the DIC readout is showing as 28.5 mpg. That's not all freeway driving, but a mix of urban city and suburban areas about 50/50.

Welcome to the site. Good luck with the new ride.
I would most definately get the pulsating brakes checked out.

Lone Ranger 05-27-2007 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by mitzkity (Post 152942)
Welcome!! I never noticed anything with my brakes, so I hope you'll get it checked if it continues. I just love my baby and hope you continue to enjoy your SBO. Did you name it yet?

I don't usually name my cars. I sometimes, however, call them names when attempting to work on them... :cussing: LOL

SindyDix 05-27-2007 11:13 AM

Lone Ranger, I think a name for you sidekick might be..... c'mon gang, you know where this is going!

:welcome: Lone Ranger, be sure to post pic's of that sidekick soon!