Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   How many miles on your HHR ? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/how-many-miles-your-hhr-52713/)

Mrhuntyoudown 02-02-2015 09:44 PM

Miles

I have a 2007 2.2 litter lt with 160,000 miles on it.

843de 02-03-2015 02:21 AM

The "Geezer" of my fleet/herd, the '06 LS Daily Driver rolled over 322,000 miles Sunday night on the way to a Superbowl party, where the dang Seahawks cost me a $20 bet.:sad:

nycamper 02-06-2015 08:39 AM

'06 LS 188,600......bought it in 2007 with 14,000.....so I have put all but 14,000 miles on her....she is a damn good car...runs like a champ, haven't put much into it until these damn recalls started....now she is sitting waiting on a recall because it has made it undrivable...oh the joys! Put full synthetic in it! Hope she keeps on!

Seeburg220 02-08-2015 01:10 PM

102k. Bought new in '07. Summary of problems to-date:

* clunking noise when driving over bumps. Sounds like something loose. No one has been able to find/fix it.
* warped rotors (like most all of them)
* squeaky drums in the back requiring periodic maintenance
* power steering motor failure around 80k
* P0700/P1800 code - Trans. fluid valve pressure position switch - just happened

Impressions after 8 years:

1. It will be hard for me to ever buy a GM car again. Once bitten, twice shy.
2. Personally, this is the epitome of what is or what went wrong with GM: inferior materials, spotty build quality, lack of common sense in execution (the poor front interior lighting as an example). Most importantly for me however, is the fact that it was built in Mexico. I am through with the Global Economy rubbish. If we don't start turning this country around pronto, we're doomed. Bring manufacturing back to the USA. Not just cars, but all goods that we used to produce. This will absolutely REQUIRE that the consumer get off of his wallet, and pay the true value for an item, instead of always the lowest price for something that was made by a 14 year old chinese kid. My 2014 Mustang had a chinese built manual transmission in it. I no longer own that car.
3. I do like the cargo carrying capability of the HHR. I have stuffed all kinds of things into it.
4. I have bought many cars I would not buy a second time. The HHR is no exception.

63falcondriver 02-08-2015 05:53 PM

155,000 2008 LS. Pretty trouble free car. Main glitch was it needed a new cylinder head at around 80k miles (covered under drivetrain warranty) and we have an intermittent 2135 code that has been going on for years. Other than that, just routine maintenance such as front brakes, tires, oil changes, headlight bulbs, etc. Upcoming maintenance will be new spark plugs, rear brakes, new lift struts for rear deck and a cabin air filter. Other than the warranty cylinder head, the car hasn't been in the shop as I do all my own maintenance.
Just recently, we acquired a new key fob online (which worked) and we now have keyless entry again. I purchased a second one but haven't programed it to the vehicle yet. We looked at new cars and decided to keep this one.

dlmbrt 02-12-2015 11:08 PM

2009 LS, 98,500 miles. I've had it just two months. I've driven it the length of California with no troubles. In town it gets around 21mpg, but on the road it's a champ. On my last trip (900 miles in 2 days) it ran 34-36mpg. I drive around 68-70 mph. I don't notice much improvement in the mileage if I drop down to 60. The mileage starts to fall off over 75. I'm in my 60s, and this just might be my last car. Unless I win the lottery.

Danman03 02-13-2015 12:22 AM

In reguard to the OP, I think he was just making a thread for general discussion. Just a friendly thread where owners can talk about their cars.

I bought my HHR brand new back in 07 and just have a little over 56k miles. It's been my most reliable vehicle yet, other than the recalls. I got all those taken care of in a week and it's been smooth sailing. I don't drive a lot of highway, so my gas mileage is around 24 mpg. Seems kind of low to me, but I don't really know what the cause could be. I don't have any mods besides cosmetic and those are mainly aftermarket light bulbs. I'm very pleased with this little wagon.