General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Hp tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Banned

Hp tuner question

If I was going to get hp tuner should I get the regular or pro and how many credits to upgrade n change dif upgrades is it I see on thier website says 2 credits for my hhr but does that give me unlimited tuning possibilities for my hhr I've been going threw thier site n still confused figured Id ask my fellow hhr family :)
Old 08-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bkm0607
If I was going to get hp tuner should I get the regular or pro and how many credits to upgrade n change dif upgrades is it I see on thier website says 2 credits for my hhr but does that give me unlimited tuning possibilities for my hhr I've been going threw thier site n still confused figured Id ask my fellow hhr family :)
Sounds like an video game ,
Please insert 3 more credits for the next 60 secs. of
maybe some correct perimiters.

Tune away , In the end your all For the most part.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:17 PM

Unless , That is , Your rolling out the big CHEESE , And covering all upgrades needed to suport any type of BIG gaines.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:42 PM

2 credits for licensing of 1 (your) HHR. Thereafter, for any changes you make to bolt-ons, you can adjust your tune. There is no additional cost to make changes to, and reflash the tune as many times as you need for the licensed vehicle. If you wanted to tune additional cars, you would need to spend additional credits. You can also license for groups of cars (all '08 HHR, all HHR, etc) by spending the appropriate amount of credits for licensing. I got regular edition, not pro. Pro is for adding onboard logging and extra sensors) Here's the rub, HPTuners is the real deal. There is no easy button. (although I have written and am working on a companion program to assist specifically with tuning the HHR) The learning curve may seem very steep at first. You don't get tune presets. You could mess up your car. I don't bill myself as a pro, but I'd be more than happy to help you get started and avoid some of the pitfalls I noticed if you decide to go with HPTuners.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:59 AM
Rest In Peace

The "Credits" work like Breadfan says, takes just 2 for your HHR.

I just bought a Used HPTuners Pro with 0 credits left.

Name:  647a4679.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  20.9 KB

I don't plan on tuning anyone elses cars so had no real need for the 8 credits it comes with New.

Even with buying the 2 credits ($49.99 each) I will need, I saved a few hundred bucks buying it used.

Watch the CobaltSS.net forums for a used one to pop up and save a few bucks.

They sell FAST, those young adults are always performance modding then putting back to stock at trade in time.

Seller I bought from put it up at around midnight my time, I saw it within minutes, contacted him to make the deal and 3 other vultures were swooping in trying to buy it for thenselves. HOW DARE THEY !

Took me awhile to catch a used setup even watching those Classifieds like a hawk they sell damn quick. I wasn't in a real rush so I kept waiting to Pounce when one was available.

The Pro allows you to data log without a laptop sitting in the car with you, you can read up on both on their website.

http://www.hptuners.com/products/

I'm putting a M62 Blower on my Panel, swapping out my stock head for a built 2.4 cylinder head thats been ported, the ZZP 2.4 Cams, 78# springs, and the retainers ect. for it. Ecotec ARP head stud Kit. Bad Mab shorty Header ZZP high flow catted Downpipe 3" to 2.5" plus a few other goodies, so I wanted to option to fine tune things as needed when needed and not just be waiting on one guy to email me refinments to the Tune.

LOTS to Learn, but it Can be done.