Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   License Plates (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/license-plates-10822/)

jayhawker 09-27-2007 12:31 PM

License Plates

Why is it that when people post pics of their cars, they scratch out the license plates? I'm sure there's a reason for it, but I guess I just don't get it. Seeing someone's plates on the internet is the same as seeing them while driving down the road...isn't it?:confused:

Someone please fill me in so I don't feel so stupid.

solman98 09-27-2007 12:37 PM

Some just feel comfortable posting it. But hundreds see it on the road everyday.

MOTRV8D 09-27-2007 12:50 PM

Paranoia. Ppl are worried that someone will have access to the DMV data base and look them up and come to their house and kill them. Or at the very least cause some kind of trouble. The likelihood of that happening I would think is very low.

However, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean ppl are NOT out to get ya. :D

HHR_ROX_CALI 09-27-2007 12:54 PM

Yeah, we used to do that in the 70's with our custom Harleys. Supposedly if someone saw magazine pics of our rides, they could access DMV info from our plate numbers, get our address and steal our bikes. Prolly just killing us would have been less painful :lol:

playgames1970 09-27-2007 03:32 PM

I'd like to officially ask everyone here to please not come to my house with intention to kill me if you look my plates up. Thank you.

(Although come to think of it, many days after work, I almost wish someone would do just that.)

cc732 09-27-2007 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by playgames1970 (Post 199974)
I'd like to officially ask everyone here to please not come to my house with intention to kill me if you look my plates up. Thank you.

(Although come to think of it, many days after work, I almost wish someone would do just that.)

I agree with playgames1970...some days it would be a reprieve...

Clare

SandyBeach 09-27-2007 05:13 PM

But they can read your plates on the street and do the same. Most of us don't know each others names. Why is it different on here?

Please explain the difference!

Snoopy 09-27-2007 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by playgames1970 (Post 199974)

Ok, that's a deal....no intention to kill. BUT, stand by, I'm having a friend check the database now. As soon as I get your address I'll post it.....with the idea the party is at your house this weekend AND YOU ARE SUPPYING ALL THE FOOD AND DRINK !!!!:lol: :thumb:

GCarp 09-27-2007 07:03 PM

Cool ... I'm THERE !!!!:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: Party at Playgames1970's house !!!:D :clappy:

Goose 09-27-2007 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I dunno why I do it...I think because I did it once on another forum and a friend who is a police officer said "Oh great, now I can't even go into the database and pull up all your info" He might have been bs'ing me but I didn't follow up with him on it

Shrug...you guys are right...you can see it on the street but it isn't plastered all over the net...don't think it is paranoia though...is it? Are you looking at me? Why are you asking...you looking at me???

Attachment 39450

:p:

Goose