Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Missing rear headrests (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/missing-rear-headrests-56935/)

Chelsea_Hall 05-10-2016 01:42 PM

Missing rear headrests

So I recently bought a 2010 chevy hhr lt. I noticed that the head headrests were missing. I called the car lot and they are no help. Anyone know where I could get 2 dark gray cloth rear headrests for it? I'm really needing them because my children sit in the back and are almost tall enough to need them.

Oldblue 05-10-2016 01:47 PM

Welcome to the site, there are some members here parting out HHR's perhaps one will chime in soon. Have a look under the front seats, that's were I put mine when I remove the to fold my rear seats flat.

donbrew 05-10-2016 01:56 PM

Maybe if went to the car lot and mentioned that they sold you a car without required safety equipment and that they might be liable for really large damages in the event of injuries?

They essentially sold a defective, unsafe vehicle.

whopper 05-10-2016 02:30 PM

You can also check out an auto wreckers - that will probably get you a set fairly cheap.

also check under the rear floor in the compartment above the spare tire and battery - we store ours there when unused.

Chelsea_Hall 05-10-2016 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 803147)
Maybe if went to the car lot and mentioned that they sold you a car without required safety equipment and that they might be liable for really large damages in the event of injuries?

They essentially sold a defective, unsafe vehicle.

They had the vehicle inspected before we bought, the deemed it safe even without the rear headrests. Is that right? Because I know it's not safe if you have passengers in the back. How exactly would I bring it up to the car lot owners? I just want to make sure I know everything before I speak to them again.

donbrew 05-10-2016 03:58 PM

"they had it inspected"

In my state the State Police are the controlling authority for inspections. If I were you I would go to the controlling authority and ask them. I'll bet an inspector will suddenly change his mind.

Chelsea_Hall 05-10-2016 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 803164)
"they had it inspected"

In my state the State Police are the controlling authority for inspections. If I were you I would go to the controlling authority and ask them. I'll bet an inspector will suddenly change his mind.

Okay, thank you! I'll have my spouse give them a call.

mojographics 05-16-2016 05:27 PM

I've got a pair of dark grey, 2011 fabric headrest, for the rear seat, that can be purchased, if you don't come up with any.

Chelsea_Hall 05-17-2016 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by mojographics (Post 803610)
I've got a pair of dark grey, 2011 fabric headrest, for the rear seat, that can be purchased, if you don't come up with any.

How much are you asking for them?

mojographics 05-17-2016 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Chelsea_Hall (Post 803633)
How much are you asking for them?

$100.00 delivered to your door.