General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

I bought another one!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 07:22 PM

I bought another one!

Received delivery on a second HHR Wednesday. This one is a 2011-LT2 with 52,000 miles. For whatever reason, my wife wanted a five speed.
This one is a different type of black. It looks more like an extremely dark charcoal metallic. I really like it. It has all the bells and whistles.
Leather seats, 2.4 motor, etc. Bought it from a dealer in Michigan and had it shipped to N.C. I still need to get tags for it. Waiting on a
paper that the dealership forgot to include when they shipped it. Of course it is one the tag office needed.
Too dark to take pics now. Will try to remember to post some Sunday.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member

Congrats to the new addition to the family.

That one sounds like one of the special edition HHRs', those had special color paints that were metallic. The Black was called: Black Granite Metallic...

Anyhow, it sure sounds like one. Is the chrome by any chance black chrome ?

Check out this link: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gene...on-hhrs-20755/
Old 04-13-2018, 08:54 PM

No, unfortunately its not a special edition. Most of those are awesome machines. I guess there are a couple of add ons that it doesn't have too. No roof rack and no rear spoiler, standard head light lenses. The door handles match the body paint and the grill is the standard aluminum. I have seen a black chrome grill for sale at GMpartsgiant. I wonder what it would look like installed? In the link you posted I saw where a couple of owners called their color black granite metallic. That is probably what this one is. Unfortunately no manual or original sticker came with it. The paperwork just says BLACK.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member

Well your standard grille is actually made from plastic, then chromed.
But just having that Black Granite Metallic paint is pretty special. Not sure how many were made in your model year w/it.

I'd say the blk chrome grille would look very sharp, but it will make any other chrome look different. It's a mod, & that usually leads to many more.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ohirolina
Received delivery on a second HHR Wednesday. This one is a 2011-LT2 with 52,000 miles. For whatever reason, my wife wanted a five speed.
This one is a different type of black. It looks more like an extremely dark charcoal metallic. I really like it. It has all the bells and whistles.
Leather seats, 2.4 motor, etc. Bought it from a dealer in Michigan and had it shipped to N.C. I still need to get tags for it. Waiting on a
paper that the dealership forgot to include when they shipped it. Of course it is one the tag office needed.
Too dark to take pics now. Will try to remember to post some Sunday.
Congratulations on buying an HHR that has survived Michigan roads. Be sure to replace all of the suspension such as Control Arms, Stablizer Bar Bushings, Sway Bar Links, Struts, Shocks, and Hub Assemblys. Then go have it aligned so you do not have to worry about it.

*Usual reply from people* But why Zero, that just sounds like a waste!?

Me: Because the roads are so bad up here that I have had to replace my Driver Side Hub Assembly 5 times, Passenger Side Hub Assembly 9 Times, Control Arms 2 times, Sway Bar Links 6 Times, Stablizer Bar Bushings 4 Times, Struts and Shocks 3 Times, and replaced all four wheels because of pot holes. -_- THANK GOD, most of my suspension is under lifetime warranty.

This honestly the absolute best advice you could ever recieve and I hope you take it into serious consideration.

Good luck!
Old 04-16-2018, 02:13 AM
Platinum Member

Ohirolina - congrats on the new ride - we love pictures you know?

As far as the suspension issues mentioned - sure check them out, but to go and replace pretty much all of it "just because" is definitely way over the top as far as advice goes.

At 52,000 miles the suspension and car most likely has a lot of life left in it yet. Shine it, drive and enjoy it!! Congrats once again.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:15 AM

Congrats !!
Old 04-16-2018, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by whopper
Ohirolina - congrats on the new ride - we love pictures you know?

As far as the suspension issues mentioned - sure check them out, but to go and replace pretty much all of it "just because" is definitely way over the top as far as advice goes.

At 52,000 miles the suspension and car most likely has a lot of life left in it yet. Shine it, drive and enjoy it!! Congrats once again.
Ah yes, speaking of checking... Make sure to take off the wheels and inspect them for flat spots and cracks thay may have been sealed up with bead sealer. Tends to be the popular thing to do here with tire shops in Michigan. -_-

​​
Old 04-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Awesome!
Old 04-16-2018, 06:09 PM

First of all, my understanding is as follows.

2LT came Standard with the Chrome Package which includes Chrome side view mirrors, door handles, Grill, 17" wheels, Exhaust tip.

Fog lights.

FE3 Sport Suspension.

Premium Sound System. 7 speaker.

Leather Steering wheel with radio controls and leather shifter knob.

2.4L motor.

Manual Transmission.

Running Boards.

On Star.

Electro inside rear view mirror.

Also Black Granite Paint was an Option in 2011 along with Crystal Red Metallic Tint coat.
As I recall it was a $300 upgrade.

Are you sure yours is a 2LT ??
Look on your glove box door and see if it has 2LT.

Silverfox

Quick Reply: I bought another one!