Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   OK, dumb question.... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/ok-dumb-question-57666/)

BQS4 09-24-2016 05:36 PM

OK, dumb question....

The HHRs equipped with the TPMS, any trick to rotating the tires, or do you just go ahead and rotate the tires?

Oldblue 09-24-2016 06:07 PM

Just rotate the tires and follow the directions in your owners manual, Donbrew's has a link in his signature!

Cat Man HHR 09-24-2016 06:46 PM

Here's something to read:
Tire Tech Information - Tire Rotation Instructions

gio89kid 09-24-2016 06:58 PM

Hmm, I don't have that option in my car, but I don't think they would set it up to have it be a hard time. Does your dash know which tire is which? like front left and others?
If so I have no idea how it would know the location of where the tires were on the car.
Otherwise in other cars I know there is just one light that comes on, and that means go around and find which one is low, including spare. I am not familiar with the ones on a HHR.

BQS4 09-24-2016 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by gio89kid (Post 811758)
Hmm, I don't have that option in my car, but I don't think they would set it up to have it be a hard time. Does your dash know which tire is which? like front left and others?
If so I have no idea how it would know the location of where the tires were on the car.
Otherwise in other cars I know there is just one light that comes on, and that means go around and find which one is low, including spare. I am not familiar with the ones on a HHR.

The HHR actually breaks it down to the individual tire in the DIC, RF, LF, RR, LR....thus my question, not trying to be a smart-alec, just an honest question.

donbrew 09-24-2016 07:36 PM

It is in your Owner Manual:biggrin2:
There is a section on TPMS and one on rotation pattern.

Unless; you have a 2010-2011 or a damaged 2008.

BQS4 09-24-2016 07:56 PM

Yes, have just finished an online search, now I need to get one of these EL-50448 Relearn tools, or if someone has one that they could loan....another thought, when I replace the tires, can I just put regular valve stems on and do away with the TPMS sensors?

donbrew 09-24-2016 08:17 PM

So, you have a 2011?

What search did you do?

You can just click on the link in my sig to get a digital Owner Manual.

You can do anything you want, but there may be consequences.

BQS4 09-24-2016 09:46 PM

I looked at the online manual, and it stated you have to get the tool from a GM dealer, at that time. Now you can get this tool from Ebay, or some online stores. I just want to be able to rotate the tires and get maximum wear out of them.

firemangeorge 09-24-2016 10:45 PM

1. Get the tool and reset the TPMS yourself.
or 2. Take it to a local tire store and have them reset it.
or 3. Rotate the tires and don't reset the TPMS. The system will still read but the tire locations will just be wrong.
I don't reset mine. I rotate fronts/backs, backs/fronts on the same side. I just remember that every other time I rotate, the tires will be back to the correct location according to the TPMS readings.

FWIW. If you take out the monitors and replace them with regular valve stems, the warning message will appear on the DIC because it can't read any tire pressures.