Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Our HHRs Are Cute (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/our-hhrs-cute-24454/)

00prowler 07-09-2009 08:09 AM

Our HHRs Are Cute

I bought an 08 black SS thinking it was kinda tough and cool....75 percent of freinds anf family I have shown it to thinks its cute!!:eek: Not the response I was looking for...:eek::eek: Do you get the same type of comments as well?? They all do like it though at least thats a good thing, but cute?:confused:Al

Doc brown 07-09-2009 08:16 AM

Yes. It drives me up a tree. Even though its not an SS and I don't think of it as tough, I do think of it as a cool little car. I also get a mix of "love it or hate it", which I find kinda fun. One friend of ours thinks it looks like an old milk truck. She's been heard saying that she wouldn't be caught dead riding in it. Then again, she drives an Acura. How exciting could that be? :lol:

HHR_style 07-09-2009 08:19 AM

Should'a bought a Dodge Caliber. haha Joking!!
My Panel is black too. But I get the "...it looks like a gangster mobile" comment more than any 'cute' references (thank goodness).

hyperv6 07-09-2009 09:08 AM

Got a black SS here and never got the Cute comment. I have gotten Cool and other positives but no Cute.

Might just be the run with. Find a friend with a Harley they do not use the Cute word. LOL!

urbexHHR 07-09-2009 09:28 AM

I never get "cute". People always tell me how ugly it is, or that it's girly. I don't care. It's my car, and my opinion is the only one that matters!

Cajun 07-09-2009 10:14 AM

The ladies in Grandma's retirement community think mine is "cute"...
My buddy visiting from South Africa wants one....

Whatever...LOL

Cajun / Al

Mowgli 07-09-2009 10:41 AM

Mine gets cute sometimes.
It gets nice! more often.
Awesome sometimes.

It got checked out by a few hard looking bikers at Laconia.
A couple of cage dancers from The Broken Spoke asked for a ride to their tent too.

I was happy to oblige since I'm so helpful :cool:
Sorry no pics.

Overall response has been 100% positive

HHR_ROX_CALI 07-09-2009 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cajun (Post 395794)
My buddy visiting from South Africa wants one....

Funny you should say that-- an aquaintenance of mine recently visited from Tanzania and he loved my car and immediately wanted one! He was taking pictures and e-mailing to his friends :lol:
I think the cute comments are because it looks like it should be bigger-- like it's a scaled down SUV. And unless HHR's start showing up in the Fast And Furious movies, most young kids will hate them.
It could be worse, at least they have an opinion. You would never see this car in that commercial where those guys are robbing a bank and no one even notices them because they're in a Saturn. :nuts:

jeffs396 07-09-2009 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mowgli (Post 395805)
A couple of cage dancers from The Broken Spoke asked for a ride to their tent too.

I was happy to oblige since I'm so helpful :cool:
Sorry no pics.

Please go back & take pics this time...nothing like some curvy bodies packed into the back of a cool car! :nuts:

Jeff® 07-09-2009 11:53 AM

I get "cute" from women, and "cool" from men. just my exp.