Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   General HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/)
-   -   Question for firefighters( Rockland products) (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/question-firefighters-rockland-products-56061/)

FireFighterHHRSS 01-25-2016 09:02 AM

Question for firefighters( Rockland products)

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone have one of these installed in the back of their HHR, with all the cancer concerns coming out, I don't like having the turnout gear open in the back of my HHR. I have a Rubbermaid container but this thing looks like I can keep things organized and much neater when I pull my turnout gear out.

Oldblue 01-25-2016 09:34 AM

Seems like this would be must better than a plastic container, here's a video of the product.

A hearty thank you for your fire service!

firemangeorge 01-25-2016 09:49 AM

Interesting subject.
Being that I'm retired now, it got me to thinking. For my 30 years of active duty, not much was said about the "Cancer" subject and turnout gear. About 6-8 years ago, our department issued those red carry bags to our 500+ members. I recall the main reason for the bags was to keep our turnout gear from being exposed to sunlight and getting UV ray damage. I also recall them stating as a side note that it would(could) keep any harmful odors or particulates in the bag and out of our POV's.

Funny thing. The department got a program started to clean everyone's turnout gear on a regular schedule. BUT, cleaning the carry bags was not part of that regular schedule.

I knew of a couple firefighters that used the Rubbermaid container method. All of those however just used them for storage and didn't even have the tops on the containers.

Sounds like a storage unit like you showed may be a wise investment. Lord knows I've been in a lot of toxic environments and been exposed to all kinds of nasty stuff.
There are more toxic products today than years ago. Firefighters today run a greater risk for exposure. Remember. Your PPE could save your life. Now, or years from now.

FireFighterHHRSS 01-25-2016 10:44 AM

First off thanks for your 30 years of service, enjoy retirement!! I watched this video and it changed my whole perspective on my turnout Gear. A lot of guys run their mouths about being soft for wanting to mask up before going into a burning house or car fire, I don't care we are not chemical proof!! And with firefighters coming down with multiple cancers at 8 to 10 times the national rate, it's not really worth it!! I want to enjoy my retirement.

FireFighterHHRSS 01-25-2016 12:56 PM

Never mind!! the company has lost their minds!! They only Make that system for Chevy Tahoe and it's $5000 to $6,000

Lucky 01-25-2016 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow there really proud of there stuff.

I do not have to travel with my gear often but if I did I would look for something like this.

Not sure it would be very air tight though.

Cat Man HHR 01-26-2016 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 795208)
Wow there really proud of there stuff.

I do not have to travel with my gear often but if I did I would look for something like this.

Not sure it would be very air tight though.

Couldn't you adapted a filter system to this?
I like the locking lid and it looks to have a solid construction.

RatRodS 01-26-2016 07:53 AM

How about a small pickup tool box?
Dee ZeeŽ - Toyota Pick Up 6' 2.5" Bed 1969-1975 Red Label Utility Chest Tool Box

RJ_RS_SS_350 01-26-2016 10:45 AM

Their FAQ page says this

What vehicles do you make Cabinets for?

We can build a cabinet to fit nearly any vehicle on the market. Please contact us with any questions you may have.
Looks pretty expensive, though. They have a few in stock, used demos, and they start at $1,455

firemangeorge 01-26-2016 10:51 AM

Yeah. Too expensive. I think if I was looking for something I would check out the Jobox line and see what they have.